AUS 223 ammo from aimsurplus.com OK?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by rangeshooter, Jan 11, 2010.

1. rangeshooter

rangeshooter New Member

Like many, my son and I are buying plenty of ammo for all calibers we have. Walmart prices here as good as it gets for most. Recently bought 3 x 500 round bags of this AIM ammo, 55gr FMJ brass case, $169 each "manufactured in U.S. by U.S. Defense Contractor". Want to buy 4 more bags but have not shot the stuff yet---cold winter here! Aguila a penny less, but not U.S. made. Worried about prices going up again, but don't want to regret buying it.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Look, you gotta face the facts- if you did not buy the ammo, you would just waste the money on non-essential things- clothing, food, shelter. Remember- one cannot be too wealthy, too handsome or have too much chocolate or ammo. :rolleyes:

The price of ammo seems to have leveled off for right now, since the feeding frenzy has died down somewhat. Will it go down? I doubt that it will drop much. Will it go up? Well, look at the price of a McDonald's Cheeseburger over the past 20 years, and you tell me.

However, my crystal ball is still in the shop- problem with calibration, so I really can't give you an accurate answer. But you are asking a man with a lifetime supply of 7.62 Russian and 8mm Mauser if you should buy ammo????:p

3. m72law

m72law New Member

buy as much as you can afford when its available...a gun without ammo is just a nice stick