Attn Hi Point Owners

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dmh737, May 22, 2012.

1. dmh737

dmh737 New Member

What 9mm ammo do you use? I'm thinking of getting a new 9mm pistol and am wanting to know what you have success with. From all my searching, the biggest problem seems to be feed issues and that seems to be the result of a combination of manufacturing and the ammo used. So what do you have success with?

Thanks!

Dave

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Look for a different 9mm. Why are you looking at one that you know has issues?

4. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

If hi-point is all you can afford i guess that's fine, but you'd be much better off to save a little money and get something better.

5. group17

group17 New Member

I'll be the first to answer the question since I owned one.

Stay away from the cheap Russian ammo. All the American ammo WWB, Federal... worked just fine in mine.

Go to the high point forum to cut out the bashing posts that don't answer your question. Good Luck!

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

BIG thumbs up :)

7. dmh737

dmh737 New Member

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that there was a Hi Point Forum. There is alot of great info there. And if I could buy a Ruger for $150 I would. But until I can buy a Ruger, the Hi Point will have to do. Please continue the fruitless bashing.

8. dmh737

dmh737 New Member

I found it. Thanks, Ranger6

9. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

since the gun was cheap, you might as well spend an extra buck or 2 on better ammo :D

mine didnt like the steel cased stuff much, but for an extra dollar or 2 around here, i can get winchester white box & federal premium 115 gr. i think the last time i bought ammo, a 100 round box of winchester white's was $21

10. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Work your mags when you get them. Keep them fully loaded and let them sit a few days.

My c9 didn't care fir Tulane steel case. Eats everything else.

Sometimes the feed lips in the mags are either to tight it too loose. On the highpoint forum they have it posted what they should be if you have calipers.

It's absolutely +p rated as well.

11. dmh737

dmh737 New Member

Just closed the deal on a practically new C9. I will take possession next Thursday. Great price with holster & ammo.

12. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Boy, in the hipoint forum they say that these guns can take on any ammo, guess not.

13. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

That because the shooters in the Hi Point Forum take pride in their guns and spend the effort to make their guns fully functional. There is a support group mentality to help new Hi Point owners in problem solving.

14. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Yeah, it's called spend a little extra money and buy something worthwhile.

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Ive never done any such thing. I never had to do anything to my hi-point except, oil it and keep loading.

If all of you "haters" of the hi-point dislike it so much, why come into a hi-point thread and bash it? Why not scroll over to the next thread?

The man came in asking about ammo, not your opinion on his choice of firearm. If that is all he can afford at the moment, then you should (at the least) be welcoming him into the world of firearms, not telling him to save money for something better.

Do you think a BG is going to wait to break into his home until he buys a better gun?

16. tri70

tri70 New Member

My 40 shot well with HP and fmj, I sanded the feed lips on the mag a little and it worked great.
    The sharp edges were grabbing the rounds making it hard to feed the new mag.