Attn: anyone who owns a Hi Point 995ts

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by StainlessSteel215, Mar 20, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I removed the front battle sight post a few weeks back to leave room for the red dot optic.....and I lost the goddam front sight and nut/screw assembly!!! I upgraded to a nice red dot scope and it would make a PERFECT co-witness if I can get the front sight post re-installed.

Anyone with a 995ts thats willing to part with their front sight post and the screw/nut that goes with it if you are not using yours? Thanks

2. BWilder

BWilder New Member

i bet hi point would send another one for free. they have a great warranty. just tell them it broke off and you need a new one

3. StainlessSteel215

I actually JUST did that BW, thanks man! Sorry this thread is now 100% useless ;)

A classic case of ready, shoot, aim!

4. britishbulldog

britishbulldog New Member

I have a spare if you want it. I noticed a couple of scratches on the base of my sight post when I first got my carbine ad called mom, she sent me a brand new one so I still have the original which I don't need.

Pay shipping or pick it up and it's yours

5. BWilder

BWilder New Member

did they say there shipping you one for free?

6. britishbulldog

britishbulldog New Member

image-3691644564.jpg

Here's a pic of the scratches on the bottom. The rest of the sight is perfect.

7. StainlessSteel215

Ahhhh thats nothing Bulldog, Ill gladly take it! Been calling Hi Point all day, nothing. I actually JUST need the sight post and screw/nut. I have the base, just somehow lost the other 2 pieces!

Check your email brother....thanks again

8. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Hipoint makes the crapiest sights around. I have the .45 carbine. I would give you my sights but I raged on them with a hammer! Your better off with straight optics.

9. StainlessSteel215

I have a sweet optic scope for this cheap little carbine....but I would love to co-witness the front sight and land that red dot on the sight notch. The iron sights are actually pretty good

10. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Mine would not zero no matter what. At 25 yards dropping 6-10". Maxed out the adjustment to get it that close.

11. StainlessSteel215

I did a very basic test and lined up the center of my scope with the very top tip of the front iron sight. It was pretty damn close. By my estimates it will be relatively easy to zero the optic and manually adjust the iron sight until I get a co-witness.

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I'm just talking about the irons

13. StainlessSteel215

Oh, yeah I noticed that when zeroing my irons that the rear sight seemed to jump around a bit. My zero was also off slightly and wouldnt hold. Said screw it & ripped it off!