Ati omni 556 ar-15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bean1, Jan 2, 2014.

1. bean1

bean1 New Member

Does anyone know anything about these or own one? My LGS got some in stock just curious about them for $600.00

2. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

If these are the Polymer/Plastic/Anything but 7075 T-6 Metal Receiver type AR, I would stay away. The Polymer Receiver Ar's will not have the longevity that the Metal AR's will have.
    Yes they will shoot well, yes they're lighter in weight, yes they sell for cheaper. They may have good Barrels and other Internal/Exterior Parts, but the Polymer Upper/Lower Receivers are garbage and not safe if there is a KaBoom. PERIOD. I've worked on them, there's too many weak points. Stay with 7075 T-6 Alloys or Billet if you want something that's better machined. Hell, even DPMS sells some 7029 Alloy AR's I would purchase over a Polymer if I had to.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

1) It probably won't be a bad gun. In fact, it's likely to be a decent and exceptionally lightweight AR for $600...which is pretty cool.

2) You can get quality that is worth (in my estimation) nearly twice the price for maybe $800 ($200 more) with a PSA build.

Either option can work, it just depends on your own demands and expectations. I'll take the PSA. But an ultra-lightweight at an ultra-light price is pretty cool as well. Buy whatever will treat you best.

4. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

+1 on PSA. You can build a complete PTAC budget upper and lower in the sub $500 range. Watch for sales. This will be a better gun with a higher resale if you ever decided to sell it... ;)

ATI doesn't have that great a reputation, PSA does. Plus it costs less...