ATI Mosin Feeding Issue

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by barkre14, Jul 20, 2014.

1. barkre14

barkre14 New Member

Hey guys, so I got myself an ATI stock for my mosin 91/30 and had to shave off quite a bit, the original problem was I couldn't close the bolt (which has been fixed) but now the gun wont feed, and the bolt wont eject any of the brass except for the last one. If you could show me pictures that would be great too. thanks.

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Did the gun work before you sporterized it? I don't mean did you cycle a couple magazines though the action. Did you take it out and shoot it several hundred times?

3. barkre14

barkre14 New Member

When I first got it the gun ran like a champ, there was not a single misfire/malfunction in the 200+ rounds I shot through it.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

quite possible you have magazine issue with the ATI stock of some sorts. try putting the action back in the original stock and see if the problem is fixed. if so, then something about the ATI stock is causing a feed issue that needs to be corrected. some sort of interference with the magazine, the follower or the magazine spring.

5. Highpower

Highpower New Member

That is some excellent advice right there.... :cool:

I would venture a guess that your new stock needs "some" more modifications in other areas as well.

6. Geronimo

Geronimo New Member

on the left hand side of your rifle barrel assembly when you take it apart you will see a small flat spring that needs to be able to move. On the ATI stock it seems that they did not take this into account when they made the mold for the stock. You will have to take a dremel tool and grind away part of the stock where it is up against and not allowed to move. I had to remove quite a bit of material out of mine in that area and now it functions like it should.... I hope that helps.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

this is along the lines i was thinking of. something in the ATI stock causing a feed issue that wasn't present with the factory stock.

this is why i suggested putting the action back into the original stock and see if the problem was resolved and then, if so, a person would need to make a determination as to where the problem was with the ATI stock to fix the issue.

8. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  9. barkre14

barkre14 New Member

I shaved off more to the left side of the stock and took a closer look at the ejector and saw that it was quite worn, I replaced it and now it works good as new, thank you very much you guys. you were a big help.