ATI folding 6 position stock

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by LaineC, Mar 7, 2012.

1. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Any opinions or comments on the ATI 6 position side folding stock for an 870?

2. chefbean43

chefbean43 New Member

Just put one on my h&r pardner (pretty much the same gun) love the look and the feel but i havent shot it yet. Going out tomorrow I'll let ya know how it feels shooting it

Attached Files:

3. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Yeah let me know

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

would love to put one on my shotgun but since i live in california im not allowed too.

5. akers06

akers06 New Member

California blows lol

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There is a diference betwen a "folding stock" and a "collapsible stock". The ATI stock is collapsible. Few people need the flexability to change stock length. You may be better finding a stock that "fits" you. A fixed stock will be stronger and more stable.

7. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Ive got the same shotgun with the ati top folder

ForumRunner_20120311_125118.jpg

Thats nice looking protector btw

8. LaineC

LaineC New Member

How do you like the top folder?

9. chefbean43

chefbean43 New Member

The model i put on mine is collapsible and folding. I finally shot it today and i love it!! It just feels good. I was out with a bunch of skeet shooters and my short barrel held its own with the long barrels. I feel like i have more control with the pistol grip and the recoil was not all that bad

10. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Cool, I actually found an ATI 6 position- side folding stock pretty cheap and bought it, now to find a gun to put it on lol.

11. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Normally you buy the gun first. Lol. You do get more control with a pistol grip. Also more of a natural feel holding the gun. I have the knoxx collapsible stock. The only dislike I can't seem to get low enough on the gun for the bead sight.

12. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

thats the same one i want to get but again california.

13. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Well, a good deal is a good deal, what can I say!

14. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I like it, alot of people find them uncomfortable to shoot but i think its very comfortable. I love the ability to fold the stock, sling it behind my back or in front if me on my lap and jump on the atv and go and not have to worry about slamming the barrel into the racks on the atv or any other obstacle. Plus i can slide it under the rear bench seat in my F150 and it takes up very little room.

Plus it looks badass....imho!

15. Rpgamble

Rpgamble New Member

This is the ATI collapsible/folding stock. I live in California and this is mine. It isn't illegal on a pump shotgun.

Attached Files:

16. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i was wanting to put one a remington 1100 but i dont even know if they make them for this model.but from what i understand they casnnot be put on the semi autos just pump.

17. Rpgamble

Rpgamble New Member

I don't see any for the 1100 but that would be illegal. They say it turns the gun into an assault rifle but I have an assault rifle so I don't get it. California gun laws are stupid.

18. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

u said it they make it almost unbareble to live and work here.

19. LaineC

LaineC New Member

I like the stock, but it's kinda thick in the pistol grip

20. Rpgamble

Rpgamble New Member

image-661486193.jpg

It's more comfortable than it looks.