ATF wants to outlaw our shotguns.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by GaryE, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GaryE

GaryE New Member

You are here: Home » Community, Evans Gazette, General News, Weld County Sheriff's Desk » ATF to accept public comments prior to outlawing shotguns
    ATF to accept public comments prior to outlawing shotguns
    Posted by Jack Minor • April 18, 2011 • Printer-friendly
    More from Jack Minor

Restraining order filed against renter after threatening Brett Reese
    Weld to transfer Paramedic services to NCMC
    Anti-Israel campaign violates state law, group says
    Govt. ignores influence of sexual abstinence in recent report

by Jack Minor

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is taking a rare step of allowing public comments prior to issuing a decision on a study that could result in outlawing certain types of shotguns currently available to citizens.

The ATF completed a study regarding the importability of certain shotguns. The basis for a possible ban is based on a loosely defined "Sporting Purpose" test. Using the vague definition almost all pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns could be banned as they are all capable of accepting a magazine, box or tube capable of holding more than 5 rounds. Other characteristics determined to be "military" by the ATF can also be used as a basis for a ban.

Ironically, many shotguns with "military" features are currently being used in shooting competitions held by the USPSA, IDPA and IPSC. The rules could also result in obscure regulations where an individual would be unsure if he is violating them or not.

Dudley Brown, Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, said if the ATF succeeds with the banning of tactical shotguns it "will be the most dangerous interpretation of the 1968 Gun Control Act ever envisioned and will outlaw thousands of perfectly legitimate home defense shotguns."

The ATF is currently allowing public comments on the study until the end of the month. Those wishing to express concerns about the study can send an email to shotgunstudy@atf.gov

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This one is dead.

http://www.examiner.com/article/blo...d-shotgun-import-ban-already-paying-dividends

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The BATFE should **** off. :mad:

4. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

The ATF............hahahaha

5. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

6. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I like to think of them like herpes or cancer. You can get them into remission, but they can flare back up at any time.

7. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

I reserve the right to keep my opinions of the BATF to myself until "after" they approve my 01 license =)

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

ME TOO! I have 38 more days and counting before time runs out on their decision making process.

9. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Sounds very fitting,, anti gun herpes. Almost as repulsive as they are.

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The expression which keeps recurring in my mind is the guy in

"National Treasure" when he sardonically quips: "Hey, look! It's my

federal tax dollars hard at work, coming to arrest me!"

The point is, we, all of us, pay for the ATF to do what it does to us.

Let's de-fund it now.

11. GaryE

GaryE New Member

That is exactly what they want you to think!

I disagree. For anyone to consider an enemy of our Constitution and Rights dead would be suicide. Like others have stated this is not an issue that will just die off. That is exactly what they want you to believe. The corrupt in our country will never give up in their attempt to disarm America.

12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

BTW: Obama would not be the first president to ban a shotgun from import. That distinction belongs to the "gunowners champion" Ronald Reagan? In 1984 Reagan set a very dangerous precedent when he became the first president to ban a long gun from import. He cited the "sporting purposes" clause of the GCA 1968 when he banned a shotgun from import. In 1986 Reagan banned another shotgun from import. Presidents, Bush I, Clinton and Obama cited the Reagan precedent when they banned guns from import..

http://rpc.senate.gov/releases/1998/gunproperty.htm