·
Retired
13,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: alsaqr

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Those pesky guns just jump up and shoot somebody. But, why, is there always a person around that pulls the trigger on it and is let out of jail with no bail? Well, let's don't solve any problems with those people that like to shoot other people illegally. Is it legal to murder someone in Chicago? A lot of people apparently like to do that. Just wondered....

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Those pesky guns just jump up and shoot somebody. But, why, is there always a person around that pulls the trigger on it and is let out of jail with no bail? Well, let's don't solve any problems with those people that like to shoot other people illegally. Is it legal to murder someone in Chicago? A lot of people apparently like to do that. Just wondered....
I cant remember the channel, but back a ways, there was a youtube channel (i think) that had a gun on a table with a 24 hr live feed on it. They were trying to catch the gun in the act of shooting someone. Lol!
It was a pro gun feed. Pretty sure it got taken down.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I cant remember the channel, but back a ways, there was a youtube channel (i think) that had a gun on a table with a 24 hr live feed on it. They were trying to catch the gun in the act of shooting someone. Lol!
I have a light in my gun safe. If I walk by and I hear the guns rattling around I open the door and make sure the light is off.
That quiets them right up.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It was a pro gun feed. Pretty sure it got taken down.
Why can't we just ENFORCE existing laws and LEAVE LAW ABIDING citizens alone? If we need to build new prisons with hard labor sentences that pay for the labor, material, and all other associated costs with keeping criminals locked up, then so be it. Answer: people that want a nanny state. Crimes committed with a gun should be mandatory high sentences. I'm tired of people let out with no bail. Why does anything think this doesn't work. Answer: because of agendas and lack of critical thinking abilities. Over and out.

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
Why can't we just ENFORCE existing laws and LEAVE LAW ABIDING citizens alone? I
It's the nature of political hacks to pass new laws.

About 25 years ago i attended the rally of an OK state legislator. The guys bragging point, "we passed over 200 new last laws last session". Then i asked the perp why one fourth of OK drivers were driving without liability insurance. i pointed to the fact that he voted against a law that would have tightened up the penalties for driving without insurance. The now red faced political hack had no answer to my question.

Crimes committed with a gun should be mandatory high sentences
Exactly!!!

However, many law and order prosecutors fail to/ refuse to add charges of "felon in possession" to drug crimes, home invasions and other offenses. Here in Oklahoma prosecutors will often crow about long prison sentences for violent offenders.

In one case the prosecutor claimed the plea bargain he blessed for a violent career criminal on a home invasion charge was a "20 year sentence": Yep, ten years suspended, five years to serve and five years probation. If that's a 20 year sentence i;ll kiss his butt. The scumbag will be released for "good behavior" in 2-3 years, ready to commit another violent crime.

Oklahoma law gives a person under a domestic restraining order a freebee for first assault on the former. girlfriend/spouse.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It's the nature of political hacks to pass new laws.

About 25 years ago i attended the rally of an OK state legislator. The guys bragging point, "we passed over 200 new last laws last session". Then i asked the perp why one fourth of OK drivers were driving without liability insurance. i pointed to the fact that he voted against a law that would have tightened up the penalties for driving without insurance. The now red faced political hack had no answer to my question.

Exactly!!!

However, many law and order prosecutors fail to/ refuse to add charges of "felon in possession" to drug crimes, home invasions and other offenses. Here in Oklahoma prosecutors will often crow about long prison sentences for violent offenders.

In one case the prosecutor claimed the plea bargain he blessed for a violent career criminal on a home invasion charge was a "20 year sentence": Yep, ten years suspended, five years to serve and five years probation. If that's a 20 year sentence i;ll kiss his butt. The scumbag will be released for "good behavior" in 2-3 years, ready to commit another violent crime.

Oklahoma law gives a person under a domestic restraining order a freebee for first assault on the former. girlfriend/spouse.
In a word: Politicians.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts