Wait.....you are saying a government agency has lied to us?😂

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Reactions: sparkyv

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Unfortunately, I consider anything "the government" says to be a lie until I do my own verification. It would be easy to name names but we all know them. They should have and could have earned credibility with the owners of this country but they have done a stellar job of doing the opposite. We need to change this by VOTING! and rejecting "the media" propagandists. Germany used this method with their people. It and many other things led to their annihilation. One of the first things they did was disarm their people. Remember that and be ready to push back....hard.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Unfortunately, I consider anything "the government" says to be a lie until I do my own verification. It would be easy to name names but we all know them. They should have and could have earned credibility with the owners of this country but ...
Seems to me that the standard of transparency, justifiability and proofs needs to be: public role, publicly-paid responsibility, thus everything made public in a manner that it cannot be fiddled with or hidden or (our view of what's happened) corrupted. (Unless in clear cases of sensitivity of certain info, such as with sources+methods in the case of spying.)

Particularly in the case of an agency expressly crafted for the purpose of constraining liberties, it's vital that all of its operations, plotting, conniving and attempts be seen for exactly what they are. Else we're quite likely to see such rights and liberties get flushed.

Doesn't surprise me that the BATFE has conspired to subvert the Constitution, sidestep oversight, alter proofs and to mislead people. They're just one example of the cancer.

Good first step, with the BATFE: Congress erasing its authority to decide, declare or craft new law of any sort, and to take back its responsibility and authority. They are paid to craft law, representatives as they are. The functionaries and bureaucrats in some alphabet agency are not. (Best step of all, IMO: disappear the BATFE, eliminate the constraining function on liberties, and fold the investigative and enforcement aspects into the FBI. Of course, the likelihood of that occurring except by extreme force is about nil ... and those liberties would have their teeth marks on them as they got ripped from the jaws of the BATFE.)

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Seems to me that the standard of transparency, justifiability and proofs needs to be: public role, publicly-paid responsibility, thus everything made public in a manner that it cannot be fiddled with or hidden or (our view of what's happened) corrupted. (Unless in clear cases of sensitivity of certain info, such as with sources+methods in the case of spying.)

Particularly in the case of an agency expressly crafted for the purpose of constraining liberties, it's vital that all of its operations, plotting, conniving and attempts be seen for exactly what they are. Else we're quite likely to see such rights and liberties get flushed.

Doesn't surprise me that the BATFE has conspired to subvert the Constitution, sidestep oversight, alter proofs and to mislead people. They're just one example of the cancer.

Good first step, with the BATFE: Congress erasing its authority to decide, declare or craft new law of any sort, and to take back its responsibility and authority. They are paid to craft law, representatives as they are. The functionaries and bureaucrats in some alphabet agency are not. (Best step of all, IMO: disappear the BATFE, eliminate the constraining function on liberties, and fold the investigative and enforcement aspects into the FBI. Of course, the likelihood of that occurring except by extreme force is about nil ... and those liberties would have their teeth marks on them as they got ripped from the jaws of the BATFE.)
Ditto, nailed a significant part of the problem(s). It's hard to understand why transparency and telling the truth overtly is so difficult for some people and agencies until you see exactly what they're up to. Then it becomes hard for them. Another part of the problem is that government people just don't lose their jobs for any reason. That's another conversation and I know quite a bit about it living in a government town. Anyone that thinks the govt. doesn't have their own media is naive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts