Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by DeadPatriot, Sep 11, 2012.

1. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

Good day,

I'm new to your board so I hope you don't mind me introducing myself to you in this way.

My partner and I are Emmy award winning producers from Northern California. Two years ago we started working on a film about street gangs invading rural California. Due to my repeated contact with gang members, it was recommend that I obtain a CCW permit - which I did. The process led to me learn about the backward gun laws of California compared to the rest of the Union. Through research I discovered that there has never been a positive documentary about the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership in America.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire will be such a film. Supported by the CalGuns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation, this PTV/PBS documentary will look at how California is the front line in gun control battle. The film will look at the current assault weapon ban proposals in California and Washington, DC, as well as, CCW permitting across the USA.

Here are a few links to learn more about the film:

http://kck.st/OllEYn (Our Kickstarter funding campaign where you can see the trailer)

http://www.AssaultedFilm.com (The project website)

http://www.examiner.com/article/docu...rms-under-fire (An article from the Examiner)

Thanks for reading.

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

Thank you for viewing our rights thru average Joe eyes!

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Welcome! Stop over to the Intro section to tell us a bit about yourself.

Thanks for posting. we'll check it out.

EDIT: OK, I watched the trailer and what you have is good so far. If you want to get contributions from folks here, that's fine, but we need to get to know you. Start posting. Get into discussions.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Are you on the Calguns forum?

6. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i really liked the explanation for your motives on creating this "documentary" and the trailer looked really good, BUUUUTTTT..............are you just trollin for donations only??? or will you be a FTF forum contributor and stick with us for the long haul??? :confused:

7. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

Yes - "Interstellar" is my handle.

8. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

To be honest, right now my focus is getting the production off the ground and film made. That said, I love guns and I will contribute to the forum when I can.

9. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Just curious, will you be involving John Lott in your film? He wrote the book "More Guns, Less Crime". He's a top-shelf analyst who uses the complete FBI database over a several year period covering most states to evaluate the relationship between gun ownership and crime deterrence.

By the way, just watched the trailer. Awesome. I donated. I think it's worth it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  11. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

Thanks you Balota! Yes, we will be using John's data and more...

12. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Ill be donating soon as well. probably later today.The trailer looks great and that's a movie i would gladly pay to see.

13. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

+1 Same here, the trailer was great. I will be watching this once it's released.

14. DeadPatriot

DeadPatriot New Member

Hiya, Folks –
    I want to thank everyone for the support of our documentary,
    “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire.”
    We have reached our goal for initial funding, and are now officially in production.
    Thanks again for all of your ideas, information and viewpoints; its good to know you are here and ready for this film to be made!

Anita
    Dead Patriot Films

15. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Give us the heads up when you're going to market. Lotsa folks here waiting with baited breath ... (no, not bated breath, baited breath :) ) WHEEE-EW!

16. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

@DeadPatriot,

Please post on here when the video has been released!

I really do feel sorry for the citizens of California. If the SHTF I really hope that the folks with any kind of sense will just leave the rest of California to their self made devices.

17. gmwilkes

gmwilkes New Member

Really liked the trailer. Waiting for the final product to come out. I'm from
    VA but it seems like there are a ton of people throughout the US that think every state should follow CAs lead.