Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone please don't go crazy and buy everything in sight its just going to jack prices up,remember 2008 when Obama was voted in everyone bought everything up

·
Registered
864 Posts
xSTRIKERx said:
Everyone please don't go crazy and buy everything in sight its just going to jack prices up,remember 2008 when Obama was voted in everyone bought everything up
Too late. Started 2 days ago.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Me too .....

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Yup. People are stocking up on future confiscation items.
our entire military only has about a million firearms. there are currently nearly 300million in the hands of private citizens. we got em outnumbered. they can try confiscating but i dont think its going to work

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yep you're late. Sales are picking up to say the least.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Buy them up. If the AWB fails to come around, the market will be flooded with AR's and AK's and I can get some more at drastically reduced prices.

·
Registered
223 Posts
IMO, all you're going to see is a refined NICS check network, and possibly some magazine size restrictions for rifles. There simply isn't enough political clout in place to outright ban anything, and any executive orders will be knocked on their asses as unconstitutional.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
our entire military only has about a million firearms. there are currently nearly 300million in the hands of private citizens. we got em outnumbered. they can try confiscating but i dont think its going to work
I'll hand mine over...1 round at a time...;)

Tack

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
can he pull rank in the form of an executive order?

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Good luck confiscating my weapons *****. It won't happen as long as I breath.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
IMO, all you're going to see is a refined NICS check network, and possibly some magazine size restrictions for rifles. There simply isn't enough political clout in place to outright ban anything, and any executive orders will be knocked on their asses as unconstitutional.
I'd like to think you're right Rhino, but 1) When has the Constitution made a difference to the current crowd in D.C. And, 2) It was former Obama adviser and current Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel who said "You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste. It's an opportunity to do important things you'd otherwise avoid." Mr. Obama and his like-minded comrades will act ASAP to take advantage of this tragedy to advance their agenda.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
Bank robbers were the big news in prewar WWII America. The Liberals ignored the lack of jobs and government distrust. They blamed Machine Guns the "Chicago Typewriter" as the number one problem. In 1934 the Machine Gun was put under strick control.
The number of banks robbed in the U.S. is over 7,111 each year. The total numbers last year averaged 20 banks robbed ever day in the U.S. The Machine gun is never used in crimes. Never in history has there ever been as many banks robbed as we now have. The Machine Gun Law of 1934 cured what? :confused:

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I have one question for you.
Does Obama need any kind of approval to re-classify firearms?
Unless he wants his nominations blocked, his tax increase shoved up his....(you get the picture) etc,etc, he would be well advised to not try to make an end run around the congress.

Even his democRAT allies on the hill are extremely jealous of their prerogatives.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts