Assault Vehicle Ban!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gregs887, May 7, 2009.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Since the Obama administration’s talk of banning so-called ‘assault weapons’ has resulted in a huge spike in semi-automatic weapon sales nationwide, the White House has recently begun a covert ‘whisper campaign’ suggesting the president might also ban U.S.-manufactured cars and trucks with fully-automatic transmissions, now dubbed ‘assault vehicles’.

President Obama reportedly hopes such chatter will give a much-needed boost to U.S. auto sales.

“These fully-automatics are the weapon-of-choice in the vehicular-manslaughter industry,” said one unnamed White House source. “The automatic transmission allows the killer to accelerate rapidly without the manual process of clutching and shifting gears. Assault vehicles murder roughly four times as many people each year as do firearms. If you include suicides, cars still kill nearly twice as many people compared with all types of guns.”

The administration source also noted that while people with criminal records make up the vast majority of gun-murder victims, ‘assault vehicles’ kill indiscriminately, murdering 39,800 Americans in 2008 alone.

“In most homicide-by-firearm cases, it’s one crook killing another,” said the source. “But automatic transmissions turn law-abiding citizens into killers of other law-abiding citizens, including women, children, seniors and innocent pedestrians.”

Publicly, the administration maintains that it supports an individual’s ‘right to keep and be borne upon wheels’, but the sophisticated whisper campaign is designed both to curry favor with the anti-car lobby, and to boost the economy by driving panic demand for fully automatics.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Very funny, thanks Greg

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

The shoulder thing that goes up :confused::confused::confused:

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

you know!:d;):d

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm laughing, but then I adjust my foil hat, and think about Fiat. Hmmm....:eek:

7. JoeCool

JoeCool New Member

The fact is that most people killed by cars have automatic transmissions! We need to put a stop to this! BAN AUTOMATICS!

8. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

And Hi-capacity Gas tanks.
    I suggest a nationwide 10 gallon limit.

9. JoeCool

JoeCool New Member

Good point! Most cars that kill people have tanks larger than 10 gallons!

We should all send letters to our Senators. JD, can you organize a thread for us?

10. Carne Frio

Carne Frio New Member

I'm pretty sure that forks and spoons kill many more of us than
    weapons or vehicles.:D

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

This is what needs banned!!

Hello Kitty mufflers.

kittymuffler.jpg

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Long range assault vehicles cannot be tolerated!!!!!!!

Also, I am against any purchases of the so called "toys" for kids called Hot Wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

13. JoeCool

JoeCool New Member

You are absolutely correct. I completely agree with you. These so called "Toys" are gateway vehicles! The majority of people that drive go on to drive the cars kill people.

Lets remove these dangerous weapons from society!

14. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Manual Trans.?

The FACT of it is that less than 1 in 50 noobies to driving even know how to drive a manual trans. When I was in High School, I got the privilege of teaching a few how to drive 4spd. Chevettes, in drivers ed. class. The instructer put me with 1/2 dozen girls, and said that if they pass the Manual Trans. driving test, I'd get an A for the class.:eek: Well, I got an A-but I don't think I would ride with them off of the HS parking lot. HA!:p I don't think that they have used manual trans. cars, in drivers ed. for the last 25 years or so-kind of a shame-their a lot of fun-:D

15. JoeCool

JoeCool New Member

Good story BillyBob. :)!

In furthering my support to ban assault vehicles, I have personally trained four people to safely and responsibly use a manual vehicle. I also instructed them that to protect their rights they should only use one if they are licensed to do so. On a side note, I have yet to meet anyone who can concealed carry a vehicle....

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Sheww! Good to know that my truck is safe....manual tranny:p

Of course it does fall under the "It's black so it must be EVIL" clause.:rolleyes:

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I think the time has come for copies of military assault vehicles, like the Jeep and Hummer, to be taken from civilian hands. They serve no lawful purpose.

But leave my hunting 4-door alone. I bag one Whitetail buck every year with it.:eek:

18. powg

powg New Member

assault this and that

would a hindu goddess be considered a well armed militia?

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You bumped this old thread for that? Seriously?

20. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

I now shop for vehicles in a manner similar to Borat. I go up to the dealer and ask: "How fast do I need go to kill a democrat?"