Assault gun ban question

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Missfire, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Lower receivers are simple to make with access to the right equipment. Equipment that is very common even in private garages and workshops.

Pop on the upper and good to go.

Simply not submitting to the tyrants demands is simpler.

G_Whitcomb likes this.
  2. G_Whitcomb

G_Whitcomb Active Member

Not much but when the law is repealed we won’t need to spend so much to rebuild

Also, I don’t believe it would be legal if our government deemed a previously legal product illegal and required it to be turned in without some sort of compensation. If I wasn’t getting paid for it I’m keeping the rest.

3. Ghost1958

Banning them is illegal per the supreme law of the land . Paid or not.

I'm keeping the whole thing.

G_Whitcomb likes this.
  4. Missfire

Missfire Member

Just received a email from the guy and he's going to get a AR-15, but he's also going to get somewhat ready for a war IF it breaks out and he's asking me to help in doing it

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

When you are 80 years old no one is trying to recruit you. I will be left alone whether I like it or not.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. Missfire

Missfire Member

Enjoy your peace and quiet

Ghost1958 and JTJ like this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope to unless someone decides I am an easy target.

primer1, Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  8. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

You get the govt. you vote for and if you don't vote you've got no reason to complain when the poo poo hits the fan it's as simple as that.

Gatoragn and Mister Dave like this.
  9. Ghost1958

Maybe we get the gov we vote for
    Been a while since I was completely sure of that on the federal level. Especially President.

10. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

"I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote and how but what is extraordinarily important is this, who will count the votes and how."

Joseph Stalin

primer1, Ghost1958 and Gatoragn like this.
  11. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Ya know sheepy, I am so worried about that I made a decision Monday.
    I went and bought one of those cheapo guns. A Smith & Wesson SS pistol.

12. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

An SS pistol?:eek: Did you get a picture of ole Shicklgruber with it?:confused:

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  13. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

They wouldn't let me have one. But they did give me an el cheapo copy
    of you posing.

14. Ghost1958

They did it with bump stocks.
    They did it with full auto.
    Every single firearm , ammo or accessory was at one time legal.
    I don't recall any compensation ever being paid.

15. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Ghost, But the only people that miss or cried about bump stocks are the range nazi's that thought they were cool. It's the same with the binary trigger's, they serve no real sporting purpose other than to spray and pray useless surplus ammo all over the place.

Anyone can still buy full auto firearm's, It's completely legal unless you live in an anti Class 3 state. I've owned two of them. The fun wears off pretty quick unless you have really deep pockets for all the ammo they eat.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  16. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that serving a real sporting purpose was a qualification for the Second Amendment.

The ATF defines a machine gun as a weapon that will fire more than one round per pull the trigger. Under that definition a bump stock or a binary trigger is not a machine gun. The ATF had already made that ruling.

Then Las Vegas happened and Trump told the ATF to change the definition of a machine gun so that it fit bump stocks.

The ATF didn't even change the definition they just said bump stocks are illegal and if you have one you have to either turn it in or destroy it without compensation.

That set a very dangerous precedent because they've just now decided that AR style pistols that they had previously ruled are pistols are now short barreled rifles and they banned them.

What's to keep them from deciding that any magazine-fed semi-automatic weapon is a machine gun and banning them?

17. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

I do know that full auto firearms cost 10’s of thousands of dollars and require a class 3 license that’s incredibly hard to obtain.

But I’ve always wondered, what’s the waiting period and everything for a class 3 license once you complete all the paper work, fee’s and stuff?

18. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

My first suppressor took an astonishingly fast 5 months.

I have heard the wait has been as much as 14 months.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  19. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

ah I gotcha, there’s a small gun shop about 40 min or so from me that sell’s a small quantity of AR and handgun suppressor’s and they said it generally takes about 8 months for a suppressor.

So I guess it’s double the amount of time for a class 3 license then?

if it’s 8 months or more for a suppressor, then what 14 - 16 months for a class 3 I assume?

20. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Over on the Colt forum a member bought an original Thompson full auto. It was around 10 months wait for him to take his Tommy gun home.

I don't believe there is a significant difference in either the process or wait time for a suppressor, short barrel rifle or full auto.

PANDEMIC likes this.