Assault gun ban question

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Missfire, Sep 6, 2020.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you for that! That explains a lot. You refuse to stand up for your rights. That is your RIGHT, but please stop telling us that we are bad people because we BELIEVE in and will stand up for our, and your, rights. If it were not for people like the rest of us who are willing to stand up against those who would take total control of us YOU would not have any of the rights you have today. This mentality you have is where the term 'sheepeople' comes from.:rolleyes:

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

There is no Class 3 license, you fill out the same paperwork that is required for any Class 3 item, and pay $200 for a tax stamp.
    Buying a full auto firearm is really no different than buying a suppressor or building /buying a short barreled rifle or shotgun.

The wait time depends on the volume of applications that the BATFE has in each district. It can take from 1 month - 18 months.
    The shortest wait I've had was about 2 months, the longest was 14 months. I've got 3 applications in right now, and it's been about 2 months so far.

PANDEMIC likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

But constitutionally such a requirement is unconstitutional and I would venture struck down as such within a year .

4. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Oh okay I gotcha, yeah it was a little confusing at first. Appreciate the explanation.

5. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

So, OP, you and your friend are BOTH members of the NRA, right?

Here's why. Politicians are vote panderers. At a membership of only 5 million, the NRA is a TARGET, a scapegoat, for vote pandering politicians. If the NRA membership were 80 MILLION
    strong, every political party in the nation would be fighting to get the NRA's support.

Membership is less than 12 cents a day. The time to join is NOW, before your guns are taken away.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

A Class 3 FFL is required to sell fully automatic firearms.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  7. TelstaR

TelstaR Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone here has claimed that AR stands for assault rifle and I have never read a criminal statute of this land which claims it either. I am not sure of the point you are trying to make

and that definition matters why? is it law?

Are the citizens of any State governed by the DIA? Does the DIA enact criminal statues in the State. Does the definition offered by the DIA appear in any criminal statute of the State, Federal or otherwise? Does the DIA enforce violations of the State or local criminal code? Does the DIA enforce firearms laws at all?

I am pretty sure you can find definitions that appear in criminal statutes which differ from what you represent as the DIA definition. I am not sure why the DIA is relevant but I am sure you can explain it.

You can disapprove and call a definition "wrong" if you wish but if it exits within applicable law, it is what it is.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That is the definition of an Assault Rifle by a federal agency and is the only published definition by the feds I am aware of outside of the BATF. An AR15 by federal definition is not an assault rifle and the BATF does not consider an AR15 an assault rifle. Kalifornistan and other liberal states use a different definition and the Liberal Judges ignore the constitution and allow it. No one on the federal level has challenged their actions. There have been several law suits filed by citizens. 10 round magazine limits were knocked down in CA. They are still playing politics with that one. Law suits are pending over the CA ammo buying procedures but they are stuck with them until it travels through the courts. States enact laws they know are unconstitutional because they know they can get away with it at least for a while and there are no penalties. Law makers should be held responsible for bad decisions.
    Thomas Sowell-03.jpg

9. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

I hope you're right,. but in our technologically connected world, it will be far more feasible in places where people cannot walk ten feet without checking their phone. In the Ozarks and backwoods, that will take far more work, and likely be simply ignored as unimportant. However, I certainly hope that you are right and I am wrong.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  10. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Active Member

I used to fiddle with some of the anti-gun folks. I'd asked what assault rifle took more American lives. Answer is Model 1861 rifle musket. Next would be an 1853 Enfield.

It is pointless to argue with a fanatical anti-gunner. Go for the those who are anxious to fearful and work smart. Thanks to the news reports these people see all about rogue militias and mass shooting. That's not about most of us-right?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  11. B9er

B9er Member

it's gonna come down to killing a lot of would be tyrants. It always has and always will.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What assault weapons ban?

13. Mowgli Terry

What?

14. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Even though Joe Biden's website actually says this

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Chain doesn't think he means it

G66enigma, Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Chain doesn't think he means it[/QUOTE]
    :D:D:D, I had a comment but I’ll keep it to myself :p

Ghost1958 likes this.
  16. Trunk Monkey

:D:D:D, I had a comment but I’ll keep it to myself :p[/QUOTE]

I was actually wrong to make that statement he doesn't want you to think he (Biden) means it

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    G66enigma, Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  17. Trunk Monkey

This is a the truth. Don't ever forget this is the goal

G66enigma and sheepdawg like this.
  18. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Hm. You can't be serious. I'll pay it the respect it's due, as though it were a deadly-serious question. (Which, as it turns out, it is.)

What AWB?

The one planned for by the would-be newbie occupants of the Executive, if (when) they get certified.

The one they've documented during the long "interview process" they've gone through the past year.

The one they have in every horrifying and unconstitutional detail on their website.

The one they swear they're going to hire a "Gun Control Czar" to go after. No doubt modeled similarly after the same AWB floated in Congress every session since the 2004 "sunsetting" of the 1994 AWB.

The one that, sure as sunshine, we're going to see floated by these two, if (when) they occupy the Executive. They've sworn to do it. (Despite the fact that they'll all but certainly soon be swearing to do no such thing, on the Bible no less, at the Jan. 20 oath-breaking ceremony.)

That's the one.

As for which "assault" rifle to acquire that's least likely to be gone after by these destroyers: anything that doesn't look like one (to them); anything with wood "furniture" instead of the popular "evil black rifle" look; anything without any one of the several "offensive" features such people deem "evil" and have explicitly called out in their states' gun bans. (ie, A forward grip, removable magazine, a magazine "button" [to release the thing quickly], threaded barrel that'll accept a suppressor, etc.) That's about as good as one can do, knowing such an AWB is likely to be attempted through Congress.

Rifling82 likes this.
  19. Mowgli Terry

Bet this whole thing gets into court. I should be there for years. That is a real crap shoot.

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Come back to the issue when there is an assault ban. Until that time it is all rumor, fear and theory. As far as the comment about if/when, that is settled, and it is when, not if.