Assassin's Creed I & II

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, does anyone else think this is truly one of the greatest games ever, but with the WORST outside story line??

I mean, I have now completed both versions. The in game, historical game play is AWESOME. History, intrigue, double crosses, sabotage and of course, TONS of assassinations. This new one featured town building, an ever expanding arsenal, free roam environment that is HUGE.

And yet....

Here I am, at the end of the second tail in this story, and I am NO closer to understanding what the "real world" me is up too, what the Templar's have to do with it and WHY my game keeps ending like a sudden drop off a cliff.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? And now I have to wait another two years for the next edition to further the storyline?

Great game. Absolutely epic. But do us a favor and just dump the "real world' story and keep the programmers busy on more historical and interesting stuff.....

2. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

i went and played the first one at the game store, I didnt like it. I couldnt get into it at all.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You've tried the Call of Duty games, JD?

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah. I don't like any game that GIVES me a set kit and expects me to just run through a battlefield maze. I hate that. Let me pick my way through and let me pick my own arsenal.

COD is definitely NOT for JD

5. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i'm digging COD MW1 so far...have to get use to this controller, but actually this assassins creed sounds as if i might like that more...gonna have to scoop the first one and check it out....just got the xbox360 after my bro in law gave me a sampling of the COD MW2 over turkeyday....

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I suck at the game, but I love the fact that the weapons are represented so damned accurately.

7. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yeah...its like golf, when you suck, you still want to play but dont want to talk much about it.

i suck at all these games.....i dont even go online its that bad.:eek:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I haven't played either of the Assasin's Creed games. Is it worth it to get the first one or should I skip it and just get the second version?

I will have to give them a try. I do like the new COD MW2 though. It's the best first person shooter I have played.

9. HunterRob

HunterRob New Member

yup it's official a talk forum about guns, hunting, and video game's, ths is my new home....

assassin's creed is a great game i like the whole on your own and getn the job done without causing a big uprising, and when i jus wanna run in guns blazing and blow sh** up call of duty and battelfield bad company is were it is, and when you wanna an epic treasue hunt gotta go with Uncharted, the new one really kicks ass...

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would definitely get the first one to get the back story and learn the game play. The second has more challenging tasks that require some skillz in the jumping from platform to platform and figuring out HOW to get from point A to B.

Great game. Lots of free running and you can interact with all sorts of items in the game.

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Cool, thanks. I will check them out when my current shiny object COD MW2 loses its' gotta play it all the time appeal.

I haven't tried the Bad Co's or Uncharted. They might be worth a try too.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Uncharted one and two were the lone games for the PS3 that I have really enjoyed playing. Everything else I buy on the 360.

The second Uncharted had some GREAT storytelling, but after awhile, there are only so many climbing mazes that I care to do. And that train sequence, the SECOND time, was just unneccesary. Not to mention a couple of those fights with the mutant ape thingies. That was just plain infuriating.

I would definitely recommend the games for playability, but you are a fool if you choose the hardest setting... LOL

JD

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am currently stuck running in circles in Fable 2 I believe. Great game and I lovbe the fact that I can shoot or hack up chickens but it is so hard to figure out what the hell you are doing in it.

14. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Actually, Desmond's role has become bigger since the first game. If you really pay attention to the end of the story in the latest installment, you will notice that everything that you have played up till this point is to ultimately lead you into the role of Desmond. What I mean to say is that everything you have been currently playing is setting you up for Desmond's overall story and what you will eventually have to do in the 'real world.' I think it is rather ingenious on the developer's part as it really gets you into the story and continues to keep you guessing on what the final result will be.

Oh yes, slapping a suppressor on a M107 and taking exactly two shots in the skull to drop an enemy is really accurate. :rolleyes: