Asmel

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by doctherock, Aug 13, 2010.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Many of you fellow supporting members know our friend Asmel on here. He unfortunately lives in Venezuela with Obamas twin brother at the helm. I am posting this to bring it to everyone's attention through conversations with him that he would love to come to the U.S. legally but our government wont grant him asylum. He is out of work for speaking out against the dictator in charge and because he isn't what Obama sees as worthy of asylum he must stay in his country.
    This is unfortunate on so many levels. We give asylum to all the wrong people and yet he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you want more details PM him or catch him in chat. I just posted this as I wish there was something we could do for him.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks for the heads up.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I was chatting with him last week and just got around to posting this. Told him I'd throw it out there due to his situation.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Besides becoming a judge on American Idol????

What is his specialty?

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

He was working on heavy equipment until he got smashed by a big ass tire and wheel. Broke his hip. Now he cant get a job because if I remember right he spoke out against or signed a petition against Chavez.

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

He's a systems engineer. He's highly educated and has a ton of experience. He's just in the wrong country...

7. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Thanks

Thanks a lot Doc.
    I want to move out mainly because the lack of civil rights/liberties... this situation is getting worse, Chavez now supporting leftist Marxist guerrillas from Colombia giving them asylum, now they rules in here almost like another Army.
    Well for those interested, I'm electronic engineer, I used to work with heavy duty mining equipment (big Tonka toys) but I had an accident and now I'm partially disabled. So I have to back to the start on the other field of experience I have... computers and networking (computer technician... assemble and repair computers, installing software, perform back-ups, set-up and configure small LANs, etc), I'm about start the Cisco CCNA certification in September.
    PM for further details.
    About, why I can't find a job in here? because I signed a petition against Chavez, check this out :
    The existence of systematic political prosecution in Venezuela, as established in article 7 of the Rome Statute, has been been argued for some time now. Apologists of Hugo Chavez maintain that it is nonsense, just another cry wolf allegation against the 'democratically elected' leader. Many people have complained about the existence of a list, compiled by chavist assemblyman (congressman) Luis Tascon with a group of collaborators, that is widely utilized by government officials at all institutional levels to deny passports, contracts, IDs, employments, benefits, etc. Not only did Hugo Chavez order and knew about the existence of the database, the president concludes the memo by asking that his request be given full legal consideration. Thus Tascon put together, with the assistance and leniency of Venezuela's National Electoral Council's (CNE) director, this Venezuelan version of McCarthyism that could be consulted by the public from March 2004 on the website of Assemblyman Tascon; a revised version was distributed on July 6th of the same year. Hugo Chavez admitted in live television that the list had fulfilled its purposes -he also praised Jorge Verstrynge's book 1 hour and 25 min. into his dominical charade of Sunday 10th of April- expressing that civil servants ought to stop using it against those who signed to petition for a recall referendum on his mandate. What is more, the database was a key element of the official effort mounted by Chavez with tax payer's money to win the recall referendum known as "Misión Florentino". The software program that comes with the list is called Maisanta, probably borrowing its name from Comando Maisanta, which was the chavist political campaign prior to the recall referendum. Also with the package there is a rather long power point presentation geared at electoral officials supportive of Chavez. Researching a bit about this topic I was able to find, download the list via emule (just search for "lista de tascon") and install the software in my PC. It contains details of 12.394.109 citizens, that is to say Venezuela's entire electoral register up until July 6 2004. The images speak for themselves. The questions: what would happen should any of the leaders of the democratic nations of the world be caught ordering the construction of such database? What would happen to the electoral institutions of America or any European country and its officials should they be caught passing critical information with respect to the political tendencies of the electorate to politicians of a given ruling party?
    MORE DETAILS IN HERE

Thanks in advance, god bless you all.

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Foreign Exchange student program. Maybe enroll in school and get a visa for education and we can raise money for tuition.

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

What can we do to help, Asmel?

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I was completely unaware of the accident.

My prayers, Asmel.

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Ask Asmel to send you a photo or post one of the ginormouse tire and wheel that crushed him. I almost crapped myself.

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Asmel, as was suggested, see if you can get a student visa to come up here. I'm sure that any number of us will do our best to help you out.

If I can do any research or something for you, please let me know.

Prayers on the way for your recovery and potential freedom.

13. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Can we write letters? would that help?

14. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Thanks a lot for the payers.
    I already have a valid B1 (tourist) visa, so I can go to US whenever I want but only can stay up to 6 months/year... the problem is I can't work legally and/or stay longer than 6 months.
    The only way to achieve this is by a job offer, to be able to opt for a H-1B Work Visa for College Educated Professionals... The H-1B Visa enables professionals in "Specialty Occupations" to make a valuable contribution to the American economy. A maximum of 65,000 H-1B Visas are issued every year. The H-1B Visa is issued for up to three years but may be extended. This provides a maximum stay of six years. The H1-B Visa holder can apply for a Green Card if a company wants to sponsor his or her application. The H-1B Non-Immigrant Work Visa may be issued to applicants seeking temporary work in a "Specialty Occupation" which requires the skills of a professional. "Specialty Occupations" include: accounting, computer analysts, programmers, database administrators, web designers, engineers, financial analysts, doctors, nurses, scientists, architects and lawyers. The petitions are submitted by employers based on their need for the non-US.-resident employee. H1-B Visa holders must posses a minimum of a bachelor's degree. However, requisite experience can substitute for education, depending on the individual case. FOR MORE INFO CHECK THIS OUT
    About the accident... well was almost 3 years ago... changing tires of a Caterpillar 773E quarry truck, the pic below was taken moments before the accident, the guy there is exactly 6´ tall like me, those were the old tires, the new tire, the one that fell on me, can be seen in the back with a yellow protector...
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got a hip replacement and spent 6 months in bed and almost a year to learn to walk again, I´m glad to be alive.

The other way to migrate legally is by obtaining a Green Card through Marriage... but that it´s another whole case with its implications.
    Well I wish I can find a way to migrate legally to the US. :(

Thanks in anticipation to all of you.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

With this whole "Prop 8" thing in CA opening the door to same sex marriage, maybe one of our single CA members wants to take on a mail order brid...Groom....??

Sounds like Tango might jump at the chance, but he isn't in CA, and is already married. I'm in CA, but alas, am already married as well......

16. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I am sure we could get you here with your current Visa, then when it runs out you can wait for amnesty.:eek:
    I am willing to put up $100 dollars towards your airline ticket.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Asmel, if there is anything I can do to help just let me know. If you do make it here you are more than welcome up in VT. As for the visa, i would suggest you just get here - try and land a job or enroll in school and then see if it can be ammended/revised. A lot of Irish have come over in the years and many do just that. Some also just stay beyond but that's a different ballgame. :rolleyes:

Another option as you mentioned - get married. I'm sure you could land yourself some american girl to get settled temporarily. ;)

Prayers for you and yours and good luck. Keep us updated. :)

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

+1 Surely there is something that can help
    :)

19. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I normally don't support "sham" marriages, but in this case.....find this man a wife, and you've got yourself citizenship.....

20. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I also had discussed Asmels situation with him on chat, Essentially he needs a company to sponsor him with promise of employment using his computer skillset.

Once here he can work on getting his green card and apply for citizenship,
    (in a nutshell). But that is the biggest hurdle, a company to sponsor him and provide employment.