Ask me anything about Europe (Q&A)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SlavicVibes, Feb 22, 2018.

1. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

Howdy,

Decided as a newbie, to contribute a little bit. Since I didn't really see anyone from Europe, means I'm the Lone Ranger and I like it this way, might as well go and help you fine folks get a better grip at understanding what's happening here. Of course, only if you're interested into knowing what's happening in Europe, and if you like Europe.

I lived everywhere, visited everywhere, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Cyprus, Bulgaria, you name it. My friends are international, living in a variety of countries too.

A lot of lies in the media, a lot of propaganda going on. So just ask me what you want to know, ask me about gun laws, knife laws, car laws, car taxes, customs fees, customs laws, about living here, cons and pros about places, currencies, culture, military, police, whatever. If I know, I will answer quickly.

I'm unbiased and don't hate countries or cultures so you can trust me on that.

Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    bluez and MisterMcCool like this.
  2. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Why is Europe spelled as it is? I would assume that the proper pronunciation would be better suited as “Yourup”. Maybe “You’reup”. Spelling is debatable I guess. But either of those two are a better fit for spelling and reading.

I’ve been to Germany, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands several times each. Beautiful countries, good food, interesting cultures, awesome historical attractions, stupid crazy taxes, insane cost of living for the absolute necessities (homes/apartments, self reliant transportation, etc), and far too much reliance on the government for the absolute well being of society as a whole.

bluez, RJF22553 and SlavicVibes like this.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Were the people of Crimea pleased to be annexed by Russia?

SlavicVibes likes this.
  4. MisterMcCool

Are there any mass murders in Europe? American lawmakers claim they only happen in the U.S.A.

SlavicVibes likes this.
  5. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

Europe, or Yourup is not the correct way to spell it. Every other nations modified it.

Let's go back to the roots. Roots I'm talking year 1000 BC or something. Greece was known to be the cradle of civilization. And "Europe" comes from the Greek word Ευρώπη (Evropi). It's pronounced with a very distinctive and hard "V."

So the nations that pronounce it the most right way are Greece, obviously, Bulgaria (Evropa), Russia (Evropa), Czech Republic (Evropa).

Thanks for asking. For the other things, you got it right.

6. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

The people of Crimea are actually not the people of Crimea, but Russians, indigenous Russians.

Crimea became Russian after the Russo-Turkish War, which was the War of Independence for Bulgaria. Russia helped Bulgaria beat the Ottomans and the Ottoman Empire (today's Turkey), and they got the territory for them. Spoils of war, you know. This happened during the same time the Civil War in the US ended, plus minus 10 years.

Crimea was given as a gift to Ukraine in 1954 by Nikita Khrushchev, who loved the glass of alcohol more than the people, more than politics or anything else. Why? Political games, personal gain, corruption, many others.

Imagine this. Louisiana is American, yeah? Barack has disputes with the Mexicans, or wants something that's theirs, say they have oil on their lands. Barack gives Louisiana as a gift to Mexico, and the people in LO instantaneously become Mexican citizens. Or they have the choice of abandoning their own homes.

The WW2 just ended, so I guess the Russians in Crimea didn't want another war so they played ball.

After the recent events and reforms in Ukraine, nobody wants to really live there, it's grotesque, the Government is hurting the people, the average salary for a school math teacher is $60 USD...a month. Not a week, a month! They have a lot of extremist Far-Right movements that do whatever they want. It's no way to live a normal life.

In Ukraine, you can order a hit on someone for $700. That's the cost of a human life.

So the Russians saw this opportunity and wanted back in their original homeland. End of story.

No Ukrainians were hurt during the transfer, since no Ukrainians lived there. :D

Thanks for asking.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

I live in Bulgaria. A bombing happened 6-7 years ago, a bus full of tourists was blown up by a bunch of bearded men.

Besides that, no, at least nothing in the last 70 years or so.

But we do have a medium amount of single shootings against police officers. The last 5 years only. Before that there was nothing like that. An armed gunman, with a 12 gauge shot a SWAT officer. Died on the place. They didn't made an autopsy. Police officers close to me said they actually shot him, friendly fire, his colleague shot him, purposely or not — nobody knows. This happened around a year ago.

The next day, my whole neighborhood was literally raided. Knocked on my door, wanted me to open up my safe, checked my serials, etc. Asked them why. Because of the shooting, the PM ordered a check on everyone. Fishy as heck.

The last 1-2 years was very active. "Mentally ill" or "Former police" was the gunners. Depression, the usual story. I always wonder why no one was depressed 10 or 15 years ago, but all of a sudden — now. All around the world.

On the New Year's Eve, 5 people got murdered by a unknown pro-killer, again in Bulgaria. They said it was a homeless guy. 1 shot, 1 kill, killed the dog too, makes the victims 6. Executed the whole family like nothing, shot them in the heads. That doesn't sound homeless to me. Victims were a normal family, middle class.

Yesterday a police officer was shot by a former Legionnaire from the French Legion. "Mentally ill" again. Now Antifa pushes for stricter gun control here too.

I say again, back 5 years, not a single incident like this.

Romania, Hungary, Greece, Serbia, Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, the Balkans, peaceful for now. Random incidents and single murders, but no mass shootings.

In Germany, Sweden and France they shoot police officers and people daily. In England you know what happened recently, the bombing, the stabbings, etc. The English police don't carry guns, so they just run away and call for backup. So the Gangs are on the rise.

In Sweden, no peace keepers are left because nobody wants to risk their life for $2000 per month.

To summarize it, the Northern part of Europe is very active, and Russia. Killings daily. In Russia they blew up a train too, a few months ago. In Turkey the airport I reckon got blown up.

Gang related crime in Italy is boomin'. Especially Napoli (Naples). That I almost forgot. Southern Italy is a very dangerous place, especially now the "refugees" were actually gang leaders from notorious African gangs and now they almost took control of Italy. They're chopping hands in Italy now.

Go South, the activity is low (besides Italy and Turkey, which are hot zones), single incidents only, but again, compared to 5 years ago, it's a BREAKOUT everywhere!

So no, it's not the States only. And in Northern Europe, they still use guns to commit murders, even after their gun bans.

SWSinTN and towboater like this.
  8. MisterMcCool

Media is the cause of criminal contagion. News and social media (including YouTube) broadcast these events and inadvertently sensationalize crimes. The young generation wants to be famous or infamous.

SlavicVibes likes this.
  9. MisterMcCool

Are allergies common in Europe? Food and other allergies have become very common here. So much that many schools forbid students from bringing any peanut products into the schools.
    I blame baby formula. Few American mothers breastfeed their children.

SlavicVibes likes this.
  10. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

What do Europeans, on the average think of us in the USA.

SlavicVibes likes this.
  11. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

Can't add anything more. You just took the words out of my mouth!!

One allergy is very common in all Europe. Gluten allergy. Can't eat normal bread, can't even eat cookies. I can, but people can't. Genetic disorders by birth. We are what we eat, right? Eating potato chips for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch and gross GMO food can't be of any good.

Peanut allergy...
    Not that common. Heard of it, but never met anyone with one.

Diary allergies,
    very uncommon too. The Germans drink a lot of milk and yogurts, just like us.

You can bring anything you want in school. Any food you want.

Also the Flu.
    Flu? I thought I had the Ebola, or Cholera. Got me hard. Heard it was the same in the States. In about 1 hour, I peaked almost 40 degrees body temp, which is exactly 103 by your standards (in Fahrenheit). Vomiting, severe vomiting. I'm a grown man and this thing hit me hard. Last time I had a body temp like that was in 1995. 1 month later, I'm still coughing. Jeez. It's an epidemic. Lot of people got it. The same symptoms.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  12. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

I have observations only for a few countries. Go online, go on the streets, ask anyone. The Germans simply don't like you. But they will never tell you. There was a story they didn't even drink Coca-Cola as a boycott after the WW2, because they got invaded. They hold grudges, and they understand no humor. In general, they're rude people. They don't like you. They don't like most of the world anyways. You'll rarely see an American car in Germany. The Germans respect the French and the Scandinavians. Hate is a strong word, but I've met numerous people that want another war with the USA, to "correct things." Also the Germans' stance on guns is strictly AGAINST GUNS. They are amazed at how you still have firearms and can't seem to understand why. Carrying a knife, a gun, a telescopic baton, anything for self-defense in Germany is strictly forbidden.

The Russians, aah, the Russians. A good amount of Russian friends I have. They're a lot like you, the mentality. They never lie. They pay on time, super correct customers and clients. They don't expect you to lie to them. They give you a credit of trust. A lot of American cars in Russia, they also love American knives, Benchmades, Spydercos, Cold Steels, all that. Recently guns were allowed to be carried for self-defense in Russia and they are importing a lot of US made stuff. Most of the people in Russia think you are slaves to your Government and think you'll fight against it. They don't want war, and hope to avoid it. But there are some differences. For example, Russians don't listen to Western music, but to Russian music only. That's one thing. And they watch Hollywood movies, but their cinema is producing fairly decent movies these days so they watch this instead. The majority of Russians don't support the gay-marriage and lesbians, same-sex marriage, etc. Russians also don't smoke anymore. The majority of people. Smoking is banned in public and they can fine you. If you apologize they probably won't fine you, but when you smoke a cig or a vape, you'll sometimes attract some mighty vicious glances.

The Turks hate the Greeks and the US, but absolutely love the Germans, Bulgarians and the Russians. Turks are ready to wage a war against the US, in general.

The Greeks are neutral, they hate Germany and the Germans because of their economical situation and because of the WW2, and they adore England, which is absurd by me, but anyways.

The Serbs want to murder you. And they want to murder you after you're dead too. But they don't care if you stay away.

The Bulgarians are split. 40% support Russia and want to murder the Americans (because of the EU and NATO), 40% support the USA and want to murder the Russians (because of the Soviet Union), 10% are like me — support both countries and agree with more than one side, and 10% don't care and just drink their vodka, lol.

The Romanians are in a trance-like condition, they adore England. And English doesn't want them in England, call them gypsies. A lot of Romanians in England. A lot.

The Polish (Poland) are fairly neutral, I reckon. They hate Muslims more than anyone in the world. They think the Muslims you allowed to come here, in Europe. And Germany, and England.

Hungarians hate you, think you are Soros' children.

The Swiss are banning their guns, they think you're a bit crazed. They had a law where they can keep their guns after their military service, in case of an invasion. And regular shooting competitions took place. Not anymore. Now you can hold your rifle, but you can't have rounds of ammo in your home, just in the nearest police station, and you can't use your rifle, lol. Switzerland also recently allowed a large quantity of illegals to enter their country; they have their own troubles. The Swiss are a lot like the Germans.

Ukrainians think you are their saviors that will fight Russia for them, lol.

No information about France, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, or Scandinavia.

And your biggest hater is...you guessed that right. England. I had a conversation with an English fellow the other day. He wanted me to switch to British English. Asked him why. Said because you are not writing properly. He said I was using a stolen language, an illegally modified version of their British. They think sidewalk is stupid and pavement is the correct way to say it, litres, not liters, customise, not customize, etc. And by the way, they actively participate in all world matters, one of which is banning the firearms in the US. They sign a various amount of petitions, you can see them at change.org yourself. They think you are crazed people, they think they must take control of your country again to fix things, and they think knives, all types of guns, everything must be seized immediately. They always joke about you, your baseball, football, hockey, etc. They'll never own anything American. I now avoid speaking about the US in front of English people because they get offended and jump on my back immediately. Friends get insulted too. England banned dogs too. You can't own a Rottweiler, Pitbull, Dogo Argetino, Bull Terrier, and I even think and remember even German Shepherds was forbidden in England. They think the world should drive on the left side and that's the right way, because English Knights hundreds of years before, pulled their swords from the left. Supreme logic I always say. They also don't stop to brag about how every major blockbuster has a British actor in the main role because your actors are stiff, your accent is ugly, and you can't act. I've met a lot of cunning people from England, and the moment I said "I like this" or "I like that in America" I got a cold shoulder, and the end of the friendship or relationship, or conversation. I can talk a lot about them, but I'll need a whole day. English people seem to like the Dutch and the French, and Japan. Can't say why. And they equally hate Russia and the US.

English forums and Facebook groups are a very hostile places, especially if you don't agree with them. If you want to test it yourself, be my guest, register in one of their boards, and you will see. They hold even bigger grudge against you, bigger than Germany or Serbia's. Don't know why. English people say because of the War of Independence.

I've met decent folks from England, but they're the older generations who are already irrelevant, since the millennials are running the show now.

This is the majority, not all people. A lot of exceptions, of course. But people tend to stick to each other, the herd mentality.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    SWSinTN, headspace, buckhuntr and 2 others like this.
  13. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Interesting stuff.

SlavicVibes likes this.
  14. SlavicVibes

SlavicVibes Member

My pleasure, you fine sire.

15. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

If you indeed are not a Putin bot, you do sound like one.

Crimea was parceled to the Ukraine when it was part of the Soviet Union. Moscow ruled all of it, regardless of the ethnic and other internal boundaries. To the Soviets at the time it was no bigger deal than redrawing a county line. Now their offspring blames Khrushchev.

Your English is too American for someone European born bred and traveled.

Dudes. If you think you are smarter than thousands of people who have been played by the Russians on social media, and are immune to their charms— think again.

alsaqr, ellis36 and headspace like this.
  16. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Are there large populations of Muslims where sharia law is the law of the land, and where are they located? ...and your opinion of the Muslim population increase in European countries?

17. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Just to clarify.

According to the United Kingdom Dangerous Dogs Act there are four specific types of dog that are considered to be specially controlled dogs, these are:
    • Pit Bull Terrier.
    • Japanese Tosa.
    • Dogo Argentino.
    • Fila Brasileiro.
    I doubt most even know of the war of Independence.

Mercator and Biohazard2 like this.
  18. MisterMcCool

We know it as the revolutionary war.

19. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

That makes my point, we don't even know what to call it. :)

MisterMcCool and Biohazard2 like this.
  20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That sure sounds like a hard-core Russian post. All it is missing is the Russian flag blowing in the wind. The Russians committed grand theft of Crimea, that is the end of the story. They didn't even man up and face the world but sent their troops in as "civilian freedom fighters."

Biohazard2, ellis36 and alsaqr like this.