Ashton Kuchar?.........AYSM!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rocky7, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Normally I have no use for self-centered, shallow Hollywood liberals and particularly no use for 30-something people trying to lecture others on the important things in life. That goes double for male models.

However, this little speech is truly exceptional. My teenagers are going to watch it. I though some of you would be interested/impressed, too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuBSRC1zpHw&feature=em-hot[/ame]

2. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Sometimes it's hard to remember that these people are actors...We rarely see who they really are.

3. hmh

hmh New Member

That was pretty good

4. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I mopped floors, lifted heavy stuff, drove truck, etc. I was never without work and never quit a job until I had another one. Etc. Now I employ people and earn a low 6 figure income.

It really surprised me to hear these basic conservative values coming from a Hollywood success story. I don't think he forgot to mention the need for "government programs" in order for people to be successful.....I'd say he has not more use for that crap than I/we do. :)

5. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

We can't do much but just hope that some of the young skulls full of mush hearing that speech get the message.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Forwarded to every person under 30 I know.

7. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

In some respects it mirrors what I was told by my first employer, at least after my paper route. It was a men's clothing store chain outside of Philly called "Ward & Ward." This little old Jewish store manager by the name of Herb Tarnoff used to say; "Kid, it is easier to get a job when you have one." He was right. I got mad at him and quit and it took me about three months to find another. About killed me to be 16 with no money.

He also said that there was always something that needs doing in a store. Don't wait for me to point them out. Look around. I will notice either, but you won't like it if I find you sitting with things undone. He was right and I started looking. He was right about finding things that need doing. I have done that since, and preached it to my kids.

That was a good speech. Probably not appreciated by most of the crowd.

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He is repeating a speech by Bill Gates. Not his own words.

9. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

It doesn't matter who originally said it. As long as it's spoken. And the fact that it was spoken by Ashton means a lot of young adults and teenagers wil respect it and follow it.

10. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Bill Gates had a speech where one of his points was about being sexy?

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Okay, what does AYSM mean? :confused:

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Are You Sh--ting Me! I know I shouldn't curse, so I try to cover it up as best I can. [​IMG]

Sometimes, like here, I just can't help it. I'd have bet folding money that there was nothing about this Demi Moore toy boy that I admired. Still blows me away; heck, I'd probably vote for him. My oldest daughter has already expressed her, umm, ...surprise....that I sent her that link with a recommendation to listen to what he said. Well, I guess it does prove my conservative mind has not snapped shut, anyway...:)