Article: The Progressive War Against the Culture of Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Overkill0084, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/376685/lefts-war-against-culture-gun-owners-jim-geraghty

I thought this was worth sharing.

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Things like this are ALWAYS worth sharing. Thank you.

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

8 out of 9 criminals go unpunished.

What is the progressive's solution for reaching these

folks who obviously will violate gun control laws, and

not get sentenced?

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have been part of the gun culture my entire life. i plan on being a part of it until the day i die.

all i can say is, they are trying to sell something, i'm not buying.

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Alot of people aren't buying it, just kick the pile of crap aside and drive on.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Here's a part of my culture.

I took some noobs shooting the other day.

No amount of propaganda and BS can change

simple facts:

Shooting is a birthright, and part of our heritage.

You should take some new folks shooting, too. No

amount of talking will change their minds.

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Forget self defense, forget hunting, forget protecting us against the government. Forget being responsible for yourself. I also like to shoot because it's fun! There's nothing like the rush of hitting a target a few hundred yards away, or just blowing the s*#& out of something 5 feet away with your 12 gauge. Some people like to sit in starbucks and gossip, some like to go out to the mall, and some like to shoot. That's part of my culture, and i'll be damned if someone tries to take that away from me.

8. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

:eek:Don't be saying stuff like that in the middle of the day Franklin, I will get my feathers in a ruffle and will have to leave work and go shoot all my targets up.:D

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

One of my younger neighbors is half Crow. Wonder how he would respond to that?:rolleyes:

10. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

If you don't mine me asking, What is a half crow?

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

His father is a full blooded Crow Indian, and his mother is of Scottish heritage.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The progressives are trying their best to stomp out our culture. You can see it in the schools. They will brainwash this generation of children into believing a conservative lifestyle is not cool. No guns, no bible, no independence. Look at the lifestyle of the Japanese. That is the lifestyle the liberals have planned for our children. The next generation of children will be taught that the lords prayer and the pledge of allegiance are bad things.

In the past making redneck jokes was a way to justify leaving their home for a big city. Liberals saw that comedy did work. Now it's not a joke to help someone get over being homesick, it's a way to make us go away in the next 20 years.

13. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Amen! Very well said.

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Progressive wasnt always a bad thing but now its become the worst in my mind. There were things that needed progresing and we din most of those things in a hundred+ year period starting with Freedom for second class citizens and now making second class citizens of the entire population. Thats more like backsliding to me not moving forward. Problem with modern day progressives is they think everything they find problematic can and should be solved in their short lifetimes. We have moved too fast in the last 30 years, its time to slow down and take a breath. The rule of unintended consequences is at play and more evident than any time in our history.

I guess I would actually reterm Progressives as Reactionaries, cause progression should actually be a good thing, reacting wildly is what they are doing and thats not such a good thing.

15. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Reading National Review is always a good thing, even if one disagrees. As opposed to the Internet conspiracy crap.