Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Overkill0084, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisab...-enforcement-vs-the-second-amendment-n1699085

I found this thought provoking.

Thoughts?

2. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

This FedLEO obviously read the 2nd Amendment as it is posted at the Senate Website for the Constitution. See separate thread by me. ;)

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In my experience there is one of two positions that officers take on gun rights.
    They either believe in and support the second amendment or they want gun control (or don't care) because they feel you shouldn't have them and believe they will be exempt.

4. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

Glad we could hear from yet another fine public servant who has such a solid understanding of the constitution and the oath he swore to uphold it.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I'll give him this, the second amendment does NOT give me the right to keep & bear arms; it merely recognizes that right that I already have.

6. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

I wish more people in public service who are for gun control would read more. Like publications from federal agencies such as the DOJ-BJS that pointed out statistically this year that John Lott was right. An intellectually honest person who would even just barely skim the numbers would see that gun control works perfectly for the criminals and kills more innocent civilians while armed citizens deter crime and save lives.

7. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

If they did that, then they would not fit the narrative of the ones that they work for.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The very reason the Bill Of Rights was written was the Constitution awarded power to a central authority. The signers said Hell know. We want rules that protect our rights as citizen against the Federal control. The Signers could see a time when Federal authority would try to abridge their rights. This is an example of why we have the "Bill of Rights". :p

9. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

The 2nd Amendment does not read "The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Only Applies To Law Enforcement and Military"
    It completely disgusts me that the only people that legally have the right to carry a gun for self defense in D.C.,NYC,MA are the ones that wear badges.And that society has been so brainwashed into thinking the police will always be there with their guns to protect you (usually by the time they arrive,you may already be dead)I'd rather dial 9 -M-M before 9-1-1 :mad:

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

We have an issue on site I would like to address.

Cops are human beings. They have diversity, differences in opinion, and are not mindless robots serving to make everyone's life hell.

FTF is not a platform to belittle them as a whole. No action makes the entire police force responsible. Are their bad cops? Sure, there are also bad fry cooks, bad accountants, bad janitors, bad financial advisers, etc. and they get the pleasure of not being lumped together for the poor actions of the minority.

Before anyone post a blanket statement about law enforcement (or fry cooks etc.) stop and give them the respect as human beings they deserve.

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What about lawyers and IRS collection agents?

12. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

If the person that wrote that was a federal Leo then I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell. That rant had so many spelling and grammar errors it had to be a libturd sitting in his mamas basement. I'd forward that to the FBI cause someone posing as a federal Leo is a crime.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Truly! I was an auditor for the state for a decade; I accepted the general public's opinion of auditors as part of the job. I knew I wasn't there to nurse abandoned baby animals back to health; I was there to do my job and make sure state programs got funded and that everyone paid their fair share.

It was NOT the first thing I would mention when I met somebody for the first time, as the very words "state tax auditor" could give them an almost evil impression of me. Luckily I could mention my part-time teaching position when employment came up.

You don't become a sanitation worker if turned up noses bother you, and you shouldn't become a LEO if turned up noses bother you.

14. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I have a couple of friends that are lawyers. They aren't scum. They're actually nicer people than I am.

15. Fun_tymes

Fun_tymes New Member

I think if they want to make firearms illegal, they should make things like heroin and cocaine illegal. Oh wait, they did. So making firearms illegal is going to solve all our issues? Nope. Look at the u.k. They have fewer gun related deaths and accidents opposed to North America. Minus Mexico.....but how many bombings a year, or week, do they have?how often do you hear about subways being blown up, buses? More then here. People are not meant to be restricted. If you remove firearms, there are many other weapons to commit crimes with. Like bombs and knives. Are they going to take away spoons next "in case" someone chokes? Scissors? Not likely.
    There is no physical way to remove harm from our streets, entirely. If there was, it'd of happened by now. They remove firearms, there would be more gun smuggling and black markets for it. It will help a bit, temporarily, but it's pretty wasteful. Instead of trying to remove rights, why not house the homeless? Feed the starving? That seems more helpful to me. The money used to eliminate guns could be put elsewhere. I read that there is enough empty houses and homeless, every homeless person could own 6 houses in the states. And Obama is worried about guns?

16. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

You do understand the reason they are trying to ban law abiding citizens from having firearms, right? And no, it's not because of "gun crime".

17. Fun_tymes

Fun_tymes New Member

Yes, I do. I've had a few of these talks before. I'm just throwing more into it.

18. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Trying to use logical reasoning against the antis isn't going to do anything. I learned this many years ago.

19. dcilten

dcilten New Member

Apparently that "LEO" didn't get the memo from SCOTUS on the Heller and McDonald decisions, affirming the individual right to bear arms

20. dcilten

dcilten New Member

Hit send before I was finished. I'm in Federal Law Enforcement, granted as a Correctional Officer, but I absolutely support our God given right to own firearms. Further, I am an oath keeper. I remember raising my right hand and swearing to defend our sacred Constitution, in my current profession, and when I took the oath from my time in the Marines. It sickens me that so many seem to forget their oath of office, and would arbitrarily deny rights just because they don't agree. It is truly frightening that those types of people are in a position of power over others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.