Article about Captain Phil Harris

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by hunter Joe, Feb 19, 2010.

1. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I hate to sound like everyone else, but I genuinely watched that show because of him. He was tough as nails, funny as he11 and loved his family. Those are qualities that we all should strive for. It is easy to be one, but to be all three authentically is rare.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Darin that was pure poetry, 100%.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Captain Phil and his sons, along with Andy and Johnathon of the Time Bandit, are local heros here in the Seattle area and they were always doing meet & greats, attending viewing parties of the show and being available for radio interviews.

Captain Phil was a hard man, an honest guy and a real SOB by his own admission. He drank cases of redbull while at sea, smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish when it port and never apologized.

In a world of reality "stars" that are manufactured, coached and pampered, Captain Phil and the rest of the Deadliest Catch guys are the real deal.

God Speed Captain! You will be missed.

JD

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I second that...may have me some Alaskan King Crab this weekend in his honor...

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

The show will never be the same without him. That was/is my favorite show. I pray for his family and friends.

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Godspeed Captain Phil Harris.