Arthritis

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Caveman Jim, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

Exactly this ^^^^ One must be careful of the brand they use, some manufacturers say 0% THC but are not true 0%.
    If I had to pee in a cup for military I would not use it at all, too much left to chance.

RJF22553 and alsaqr like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Just got back from the Dr, he said pulled or partial tear to my hamstring....:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    There goes duck/goose & steelhead season!!:mad::mad::mad:

3. Caveman Jim

The big oil filled pills worked really well for my lower back, but $5 each 4-5 years ago...:eek:

4. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I get tested now and then at pain clinic. To be sure im taking my meds. But the test also checks for others.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. PaBushMan

Muscle pulls are not fun been there myself.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry for your injury.

Rest, take care of yourself and mend, the ducks and fish will still be there.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Fell on my left side a week ago (likely because of a bit too imbibing): on a pile of rocks. Possibly cracked a rib or two. Painful to breathe deeply and constant pain without meds. Have an Rx for an X-ray. Doc said my lung isn't punctured, so there's that...Haven't bothered with the X-Ray as of yet - been there with a cracked rib before. So I'm toughing it out with Ibuprofin and Tylenol with decent success.

Have narcos and muscle relaxants if needed, but can't do with booze and, frankly, I kinda like my afternoon sips. So I've held off and survive, although with some pain.

Three Ibuprofins and one Tylenol pretty much do the trick. For about five hours.

Consider the formula of Ibuprofin and Tylenol taken at the same time (for me it is 2-3 Ibuprofins with one Tylenol) and it is pretty effective without narcos.

Cosequine, MSM, and Yucca Powder are also good things. We gave our Great Dane Yucca Powder to fight arthritis for years. While she had some arthritis at 12.4 years of age, it wasn't arthritis that caused her demise - she was otherwise doing fine - it was something wholly unrelated (Canine Degenerative Myleiopathy - CDM) that took her down. Her Great-Dane comparative age was about 112 years old. She was very old for a Great Dane, and those additional great years were a blessing.

Wish we had CBD legally available back then, but it would have done nothing for her CDM, as it was - blissfully - a painless condition.

Focus on certified CBD with 0% THC and you should be good. Keep track of the records and receipts to CYA.

Rifling82, Caveman Jim and PaBushMan like this.
  8. PaBushMan

I'll find out what brand they have and research it. If i can get away from NSAIDS for my fingers it will be great. Im sure it's not doing my stomach any good. I get shots in my fingers. They help for awhile. But wear off before i can get them again.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. Caveman Jim

Ultrasound set up for Tuesday then will schedule the PT.
    Heating pad is working to an extent... I'm gonna gain a hundred pounds sittin on my dump...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. Caveman Jim

And here I'm complaining of a sore butt...:p:D:p:D
    I hope you heal soon and well.:)

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  11. Caveman Jim

I get cotrizone shots in my thumbs, the last time out of 3 shots he finally got it in the right place (1 year of a pain free thumb).
    Just had one in my R ankle that needs a redo...
    Did I mention that I HATE NEEDLES???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

12. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I don't do the CBD because I don't trust the "no THC" thing, and I'm subject to drug test as a CDL holder.
    But RJF, DON'T be drinking and taking tylenol. It can destroy your liver, and sometimes doesn't take too long.

Caveman Jim, RJF22553 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  13. RJF22553

free, I'm careful about that! Well over six hours between IBU/Tylenol and imbibing. Hate taking any drugs (NSAIDS included). Took one muscle relaxant last night - well over six hours after imbibing. Slept well, but the muscle spasms returned this AM. Am holding off on the T3 prescribed: the NSAIDs seem to work okay. Don't want to go down the rabbit trail of opioids if I can avoid.

I've been through a cracked rib before (thrown from a horse and landed on my back on a root - cracked at the back side). This is on the side and not nearly as back, but still smarts. I must remember to take deep breaths - despite the pain - to avoid pneumonia.

Sucks to bend over for horse chores, and coughing...and lifting 50# bales of hay or 40# bags of horse bedding.

But this, too, will pass...

Caveman Jim, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  14. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Once upon a time long ago my wife fell off a horse and cracked several ribs. She worked in an office at that time and this was a time when short skirts and panty hose was de rigueur in the office.

It fell my lot to put her panty hose on her every morning. For those who don't know it's damned near impossible....and sure not as much fun as trying to get them off. :)

"DO NOT put a run in these with your damn hang nails! It's my ONLY pair!!!":eek:

ellis

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  15. Caveman Jim

Yeah same here it’s too bad that the feds are wrapped up in our local MJ stance. I don’t want the buzz because I cannot do all the tasks I enjoy...
    If I have any THC in my system they take away my pain med prescription...:eek:

16. PaBushMan

Same here. Im thankful i don't need the pain meds daily. The nerve blocks help a lot. But when i need them im glad i have them on hand. I would hate to loose them over THC.

Caveman Jim and towboater like this.
  17. Caveman Jim

I was planning on getting out and gathering signatures to repeal I-1639 today but can't even load my friggin table into the truck!!!

towboater likes this.
  18. RJF22553

Fell last week, on a pile of rocks and likely cracked a few ribs (BTDT). Getting better now, but have to emphasize deep breaths, lest I develop pneumonia.

Was prescribed some muscle relaxer to fight the spasms (good stuff) and some Hydrocodone for the pain. I hate that stuff unless there is no other option for pain relief. In the week since, I have taken one hydrocodone since I couldn't sleep. All other times, it was three Ibuprofins and one Tylenol - which worked fine. It seems to me that the three Ibus and Tylenol did pretty much the same pain relief as the hydrocodone, without the light-headedness and drowsiness.

Now that the hormone treatments seem to no longer suppress my metastatic prostate cancer ("detectable PSA"), I'll eventually get to the stage my brother was in: massive opioids to stave off the the pain of metastatic bone cancer. I knew this was coming eventually, and have fought off this evil cancer for almost ten years. Arthritis isn't much of a concern for me...

We'll see what God has in store. It's been great so far...I trust in Him and count my many Blessing He has provided.

If you live long enough, you'll die of something...

Rifling82 likes this.
  19. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

All my sympathies, RJ!

ellis

20. RJF22553

Ellis, such are the times age provides! I'm doing okay and - hopefully - by tomorrow I won't need any pain killers. I hate them!

Age and pain means you're not dead yet!

I have two horses, a lovely wife, and two barn cats to care for before the Lord deems I'm ready. And a GodSon who is twelve and his father, serving in Afghanistan right now, to look after - the heir to this "great estate" we call home.

So I have a mission that I will fulfill!

primer1 likes this.