Arthritis

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Caveman Jim, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

I have lived with the aches and pains in my hands, toes, neck and shoulder for 10 years or more but on Saturday (after T-Day) I slipped on some ice next to the shop door. I caught myself from falling but my hip felt like it had dislocated!!!! OOMMMGGGG!!!!!

The pain of walking is horrible, I’m still in pain this morning and it hurts to sit!!!

I remember seeing my Dad playing victim of rheumatoid arthritis many years ago and now know fully what he was experiencing

Going to see if I can get a short notice Dr apttomorrow or maybe go to the walk in clinic at Kaiser...

Has anyone had this happen (the initial injury or onset) and gotten relief from it in the long term?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Rifling82 and bluez like this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

I have arthritis in my shoulders, the dull aching was enough that it kept me from sleeping, no matter what position I was in. a friend who is into all these "natural cures" advice me to take fish oil capsules. saying it will help to lubricate the ball and socket of the joint.

normally, I poo-poo any "natures way" nonsense, but I said it couldn't hurt to try it, I already take enough meds for high BP, cholesterol and a couple of other meds that is particular to men over 50;), that I didn't want to start being a pharmaceutical warehouse by adding arthritis meds . after a couple or 3 weeks taking it, it subsided to where it doesn't bother me. now, I take it every now and again with I feel a little discomfort

now, in no means I am telling you to take fish oil, or that it will help you, I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the shoulder and that seems to help me.

I would see the doc and see what he says

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Rifling82 and towboater like this.

3. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I have it in my knees, And hips, Had one hip replacement, Big help there. I also have it in my dominant hand index and middle finger. They claim i have it in my thumb too. It does not bother me. I use rubs and exercise my hand. The knees i get euflexxa shots. I also take fish oil. Arthritis is no fun for sure.

4. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

I am thankfully not particularly suffering from any form of arthritis, but my wife is suffering from both RA and OA. I'll soon be with metastatic prostate bone cancer (in my spine), but that is another story...

Hip replacement for my wife is likely, but we'll try other options first. CBD rubs may help.

Sucks getting old, but beats the alternative...

At least for now...

Rifling82, towboater and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

..a double shot of Mobil 1 (5w-30) ...neat will lube it right up......no need to wait three weeks. :p

towboater and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Could be a muscle strain.

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Or a cracked/broken bone

8. Caveman Jim

Thanks for the replies folks,
    I used CDB oil topo, oral being the best results by taking the edge off the pain. Have noticed more pain in my R knee lately, Dam n I'm falling apart...:p

True that, CBD is the ticket. Although we have to deal with the cards that we are dealt (sometimes I'd like to shoot the dealer though) LOL

A double shot of Crown Royal never hurts either. :p:p:p

I wish it were Gator but I've had torn muscles before and this is not the latter.

Thanks for the input folks.;)

9. PaBushMan

Does CBD come up as weed in a drug test? They sell it at the convenience store here.

Rifling82 likes this.
  10. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I've got a pretty good dose of tendonitis in my Achilles on my right foot. Qne 15mg. Meloxicam after dinner every night knocks about 95% of it out.

Oldoutlaw, Rifling82 and Caveman Jim like this.
  11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

An old mountain remedy that works for some. And two of my older friends swore by it.

Here goes the Formula for some forms of Arthritis:

1. Get a Small Cereal Bowl
    2. Go purchase some "WHITE RASINS" ("Only White Resins!)
    3. Pour a Quantity of Resins in the Bowl (Fill the Bowl 1/4 or 1/2 Full
    4. Pour Gin over the Raisins until they are completely covered and submerged
    5. Put a Paper Towel over the Bowl to keep what ever out of the Bowl
    6. Allow the Raisins to absorb all of the Gin (May Take a Few Days)
    7. When total absorption has occurred take 9 of the Raisins each day.
    8. They can be eaten straight or put in Cereal or other food if you chose.

Cold Sores or Fever Blisters:
    Another remedy that works if you can stand the sting at first. I stumbled in to it years ago out of desperation. It works!
    The product at the Drug Store is called After Bite. It is in a white pen like container and is a clear liquid.
    Bottom line for those that on occasion may be getting a fever blister or cold sore.
    The minute you feel or see on coming on get out the After Bite and apply it to the area.
    Word of caution be prepared for the initial sting but it will stop in short order! But it will kill them before they ever get a good start. I rarely have one but when I feel one coming i dab on some After Bite immediately. Example once in the morning and again in the evening for two days. They are killed on contact and since according to medical reports they are a virus to start with. The short sting is far better than putting up with the pain and unpleasantries of tolerating one until it finally heals!

towboater, Rifling82, bluez and 2 others like this.
  12. PaBushMan

Here is one for bee stings. Soak a brown paper bag in vinegar. Paper towel works in a pinch. The vinegar pulls out the venom. Put it on the sting for 30 mins. No swelling or any itching after.

towboater, bluez and Sniper03 like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

I guess it depends but I'll bet a dollar that the convenient store CBD does not contain THC.
    Here in Washington the dispensaries are the only places that can sell any THC products.

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. Caveman Jim

Well folks, today is one of the first days that I've been home and not gone out into the shop... Twas a sad day for ole Caveman...
    It'll get better or I'll have to fire another Dr... I think the clinic thinks I'm Orange man bad...

towboater, Rifling82 and bluez like this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i have OA and RA. Move Free works very well for me.

towboater, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  16. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife had arthritis in one hip. Had to have hip replacement at age 39.

towboater, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  17. PaBushMan

Yea it says contains 0% THC. I wonder if it even works then.

towboater likes this.
  18. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

CBD is worth a try. I read an article in Stars and Stripes yesterday that warns USAF airmen not to use it as they will test positive for THC. However, there are a number of manufacturers that tout 0% THC. The stuff is legal with less than a certain percentage of THC - something really low, but if it has any, you'll likely test positive for THC.

CBD is the active pain-killer - not THC. THC gets you high and not care...

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

CBD is pretty ok. Kind of expensive in vape form.

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  20. Caveman Jim

It does work but no high. I prefer it that way nowadays.;)

RJF22553, kfox75 and towboater like this.