Army Ditches Black Beret WOOT WOOT...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jun 14, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I for one am damn happy about it. Some of us had to earn ours, it was not just issued to us. :rolleyes:

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Right Jack. I felt disgusted when they made us go to them. I held out to the last minute before I put that thing on.

I voiced my feelings loud and clear to the CO 1st SGM and BN CO.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I felt it was a bad idea from the word go when they implemented it, and anyone that had ever "earned" anything special in their life, was probably on board with that thought.

I think by lowering that special bar, and making the beret available to all, it devalued everything that the beret itself stood for in the first place and devalued those that had truly earned it.

I am glad another relic that started with the Klinton Adminstration and was mistakenly pushed through, has gone by the wayside.

You can wear yours' with pride again Jack. *respect*

JD

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

bout damn time they got rid of those fugly monica lewinski hats clinton picked for em

im glad i ets'd before that came in. i wouldnt have been able to handle wearing a hat made famous by a whore

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

YESSS!!!

I remember having to switch to those. We felt those that earned them were disrespected by idiotic politicians who never served. :mad:

7. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

They weren't that uncomfortable if you knew how to wear them. And they're great for picking up chicks.

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

This may not be true, but I heard they were implemented during the Clinton era and manufactured in China.

I'm cool with going back to whatever so long as the new head cover is not made in China.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Don't you work for the Government? Do you REALLY think the military is going to opt for American Made caps for their troops when some of the most patriotic and US based businesses don't??

C'mon Yunus, you need to work some magic and divert some funds so we set up a US based clothing supplier. :D

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

its true clinton personally chose them not sure about the china thing

11. Gator45

Gator45 New Member

They ought to
    get rid of
    all of them
    Green, Red and what ever
    other colors there are.

What are they
    some kind of French fairies?
    Oo La La, Sacre Bleu!!!
    Where is my Beret?
    Somebody bring me a Croissant
    and a crepe.
    I wonder what the consider a french press?

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I was just gonna ignore your post, but that fairy comment, well, not so much. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree with Jack here. There are some VERY awesome, brave, well trained men who wear berets. And I thank every one of them. Nothing "fairy" about a beret. :mad:

14. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Yeah...Berets definitely aren't for fairies. Airborne, Special Forces, the French Foreign Legion? Hell, even those of us in JROTC who wear the Olive Drab Raider berets are hardcore.

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Really Your calling Jack a fairy? Boy you just don't know what your doing.

I will tell you what.

The men who used to wear them Black Berets. Were HARDCORE BADASS and NEVER left a man behind. Rangers Lead the way. You talking smack about my branch is so not cool. Your damn lucky I am not a mod cause I would have BANNED you for that.

If you are such a badass why don't you attempt to complete the Best Ranger course? I got a years pay that says you can't make it past 2 challenges.

Need you be reminded of just who your calling a fairy?

Fine lets give you a little Military History Lesson.

Battlefield Somalia:

The Battle for Mogadishu went from a standard kidnapping to an all out fight for the lives of American Special Forces. Most people have the image of American Special Forces men being dragged dead through the streets of the city, half-naked, but the event itself was much more than that. It was an event filled with bad intelligence, bad choices and American heroes fighting for their lives. Operation Restore Hope placed the Special Forces in positions that they were not specifically trained for, most notably crowd control and urban fighting.

Might want to read about Randy Shughart.
    Randy Shughart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AND

Gary Gordon
    Gary Gordon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now when you are more badass than that and can effing prove it then you make still not call them Fairies.

If I were you I would not show your disgusting pussbag of a face around here again.

16. Jared

Jared New Member

Mine says made in USA. I believe they are made by inmates in federal prisons. I know the last undershirts and PT shirts I got had a sticker saying they were.

Unit command can still mandate the beret be worn.