Armscor M200 v Taurus M68

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by krisko09, May 8, 2012.

1. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Which is the better of these 2 weapons? LGS has both for very reasonable prices. I've never owned anything by either manufacturer so i dont know much about the quality. Are either of them worth snagging?

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I know nothing about the Armscor M200 and would still pick it over the Taurus.

3. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Hahaha yeah i've heard sketchy things about taurus but it somehow seems fairly popular, so i thought i'd ask.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Having owned both Armscor products and Taurus products...I'd go Taurus...
    Their revolvers have long been solid and accurate, with few issues.

Their PT92 has less problems than the Beretta M-9 that it copies ;)

Gotta admit, ARMSCOR has come a LOOONG way since the Squires-Bingham days...so you won't be hurting too badly either way...
    and that new .22TCM is downright Sexxay!!
    IIRC, Rock Island Armoury is a branch of Armscor, they make pretty good 1911's :)

Whichever way you go, if there is a problem, expect long repair times due to distance/international laws...
    Taurus = Brazil
    Armscor = Phillipines

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Go for the best you can afford.
    If you have a chance to go to a "chain" sports store, do it.
    Compare apples to apples, not "A" brand to "B" brand, or "priced betweel $1 and $300".

Take a 6 shot revolver from Taurus vs Rossi vs S&W vs RIA.

What may seem inexpensive today could run costing you more than if you ponied up a couple extra bucks in the beginning.

6. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Yeah i wish i could afford a S&W but thats not in the budget lol. Does rossi make good revolvers? I've never owned one before so idk much about them. REALLY want on tho.

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I used to own a Rossi 462 in .357,I never had any problems with it,I only put about 700 rounds through it(mostly .357 mags)before I traded it off,seemed to be a good gun and is built like an oldschool S&W because it has the firing pin on the hammer.I owned a Taurus 94 .22 and it locked up twice with sheared off transfer bars and was sent back twice to Taurus before I had enough with it and sold it,but..like any gun,design has as much to do with failure as materials used so the centerfire Taurus revolver may be ok,but i'd still choose Rossi over Taurus(even though Taurus makes Rossi,I like the Rossi oldschool design better,seems more reliable)

8. danolator

danolator New Member

Guns come & go, but my Rossi 38 Special, well that one rarely is far from mr reach. Guess it just depends on your individual taste, and of course, your ability.