Armscor 1911's

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Wiseman3, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

gentlemen ( and I use the term loosely ;) ) got a question about the Armscor 1911's. my LGS had a Taylor 1911 for sale and I had never heard about them, but did notice it looked identical to a RIA. Of coarse I came home and found out Taylor also imports from Armscor. So my question is are all Armscor 1911's the same or do the importers dictate quality?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I cant really answer your question fully, but i have a High Standard 1911A1 made by Armscor. I paid $500 for it and it been nothing but awesome, every bit worth the purchase. I know that the RIAs are really good too, dont know about the other ones.

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

As far as I know, an Armscor gun is an Armscor gun no matter what it says on the slide.

4. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

My RIA CS Compact has been a great gun from day one.

5. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The way I understand it, Armscor will build a gun with any name on it that is desired, as long as that company contracts for enough of them. There may be some differences such as grips, sights, etc. but the basic gun will be the same. For instance, Metro Arms made the American Classic & the Firestorm 1911 & they were the same pistol, just different roll marks. The Firestorm brand was just recently discontinued.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

So Armscor doesnt actually own the sub companies?

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

8. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I believe they manufacture RIA, High standard?, Charles Daly, Auto Ordanance, STI Spartans series, and obviously Armscor as well.