Armed robber pronounced dead at the scene

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by JWagner, Jan 17, 2014.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

How wrong is it that I really love reading stories like these?...

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

It's not wrong I love to hear the stories to the good guy wins

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

What BS? The sheriff should be praising the citizens actions. Hell no, we must make sure he had a legal right to carry a CCW? Gees!! after all he had the gun covered up? The store does not allow legal open carry? The gun laws in the eastern states are not friendly even to heroes.
    Citizens should be allowed to carry firearms without permission from the "Nanny" state. The Sheriff should be recalled and the store manager fired. :rolleyes: This citizen most likely saved a number of lives.:cool:

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...yet another reason to ignore GFZ signs any carry anyway.

Article says they had a "no open carry" sign and that the citizen shooter was concealed so I won't call Dollar Tree "anti gun"... But still... Seem their silly ban on OC did little to dissuade the criminal, yet again.

Glad the only injury was to the thug who started the problem.

Tack

6. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

"Dallas County Sheriff Harris Huffman Jr. says the gunman walked into the store waving a gun in the air and forced a cashier and customer at gunpoint towards a break room area. At that point, the customer pulled out a concealed weapon and shot the suspect in the chest once. " Apparently the BG didn't see the no OC sign. If only the sign had been bigger and brighter this whole tragedy could have been avoided.

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

What I find odd is how anyone could argue that was not a justified shooting.

My instructor told us that if you find yourself in a armed robbery situation, you might not need to shoot if you don't believe anyone is in serious harm. However if the criminal starts funneling people to the back, it's time to take action. Nothing good happens in the back.

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

Relocating hostages is typically a prelude to multiple murders, either premeditated or as a result of failed negotiations is of little consequence when the gun is pointed at you.

The shopper who ended this acted appropriately and should be commended for saving lives.

Tack

9. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Would most people not expect the police to do their job in a neutral and professional way until they know the facts. ? And not be praising anyone until the full facts are known.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Who cares about motive? The perp was forcing folks into another room. He was up to no good.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If someone tries to force me or anyone else into a room in the back, I guarantee you they are not going to make it there.

12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Did some googling: Perhaps the sheriff was sparse with his remarks because the good guy is facing serious charges and is out on bond pending trial:

Yep, the perp waved a gun around and forced folks into another room. When a guy with a gun forces folks into another room it's time for action. The good guy shot the perp; end of story? Not quite: The good guy has some issues:

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/24474261/dallas-co-authorities-on-scene-of-homicide-in-orrville

13. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Neutral is fine for a referee, unless someones description was way off, Neutral isnt all that useful here. Wave a pistol like a madman in public and eat lead...

14. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought the sheriff's job would be to investigate what happened impartiality. And not be a cheerleader for either side. Would you want it any other way, I know I wouldn't.

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

We have seen cases of "hero accomplises"... People who plan a crime like this with the intent of killing their cohort in a way that makes them look like an intended victim/hero shooter.

Not saying that happened here but it is wise of the Sherrif to ensure that the shooter acted lawfully and had no connection to the perp.

Tack

16. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Bang bang, another one bites the dust!
    Although the shooter appears to be a scumbag for pending rape charges of a minor.....
    That should not have anything to do with the fact that he was in an impending deadly situation and acted accordingly by dropping the BG without any innocents being harmed.