Armed Citizens - Tough Targets

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by partdeux, Apr 2, 2012.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Interesting Article

2. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

I dont have any research on this, but one can assume, that if everyone were allowed to carry a weapon, then criminals would always have to think twice before trying to test someone.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You can look to England to prove the other side of the argument. When people had guns the cops carried clubs. Guns get banned crime goes through the roof and now cops have to carry guns.

4. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

The worst thing about what mountainman13 said, is i am getting stationed in England in 2 months. It makes me miss the US so much more when i go to a place and i dont have the right to conceal and protect my family and myself.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Stay safe and thanks for your service

6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Remind the people you talk to over there of our freedoms and what they do to our crime rate versus what is happening there. Not to rub it in their faces, just to educate them and us.

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

To some extent maybe true. But I do know for a fact criminals DO NOT THINK! They are instinctual to a deadly fault ... hopefully their own.

8. RaySendero

RaySendero Member

Steenkamp,
    Think you can still legally carry an aluminum softball bat in England.
    May want to take one with you.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If by some means the were able to shut off the gun supply to everyone but police then the police would be targets. The criminals would ambush the cops to get guns. Lets face the truth for a change. They could not stop booze during prohibition, they have not been able to stop drugs and they wont be able to stop guns either.
    By the way, those umbrellas everyone in England carries are not just for the rain. Brass headed walking sticks and canes also make good weapons.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think every state should have CCW and the Castle Law! it might put the fear of God into some punk who wants to grab Granny's purse next time and she pulls out a 44 Magnum and shoots him! most criminals have no fear because they're not hel accountable for their actions and feed on most citizens as if they were sheep.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

and ruin their right to rob people?
    /sarc

12. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Every citizen has a CCW, its called the 2nd amendment. The idiots in Washington need to pass constitutional carry in all states. And for the record, most of the population are sheep :)

13. luckyj

luckyj New Member

That and the fact that they live better in prison than most hard working Americans. It pisses me off that our tax dollars pay for the criminals that rob, murder, rape, etc. to have the things that we work our a55es off for, for free. Don't get me wrong, prison is a horrible place to be, but do you think they really give a damn?

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah its terrible for them. They hang out with their friends and play basketball get 3 hot meals a day and a bed oh yeah and a free iPad. Terrible just terrible.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Don't worry the Brits still like Kings and Queens. They are true followers. What ever their government says is what they do. When I was in England I heard every day from the Brits how terrible American Laws were. They can not understand why civilians are allowed to have firearms of any kind. After awhile I escaped to the Republic Of Ireland.:D They like Americans and firearms.:) Your number one problem in England is the food it is awful. I think if people were armed in England they would shoot all the cooks.:eek:

16. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

Thanks will do!!

17. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

Oh trust me, i will do my best to let people know how it is to have freedoms like that. Maybe some day they might be able to have the right to protect themselves and their families like us proud " True Americans"!!

18. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

Ill figure something out. As far as i know you can carry knives. Either way i will anyway!! lol:D

19. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

And this is what many people overlook.

However, an armed citizen is not going to really have any effect on criminal activity if that person is not aware of his/her surroundings.

Many a time in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I have seen both enlisted and officers with their heads up their backsides (more than usual for the officers...).

Your average citizen is not going to be situationally aware. Some may be observant, but most will not know they were in a dangerous situation until after the shock wore off.

20. NativH

NativH New Member

Just be careful. Last time I heard the criminal you hurt will have full government support to come after you in court. Strange folks, who think you should just let a preditor have its way with you, and walk away laughing after terrorizing you and your family, or worse. The preditor, human or animal, that comes to my homestead, will hope they run into me. My wife has a much more devious and sadistic streak in her than I will ever have. I will end their days quickly. She, will not.