Armed carjacker meets Armed citizen

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by G30USMC, Dec 2, 2013.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He shot the guy in the back as he was running away.

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

One less Obummer's "sons". ;)

4. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

It looked to me like he was 'returning fire' when he was shooting at the bandit. With out sound it is hard to tell. I would be hard pressed to fault his actions in this case.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

It looked to me like the guy in the car started shooting while the guy was in the window. And he just kept shooting until the threat was down. Looked like self defense to me.

6. G30USMC

That's the way I see it, and video to prove it

7. MisterMcCool

That's a better way of looking at it. :)
    I wouldn't convict him either way. Some people just need a good killing.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Bet he don`t carjack any more cars !...............

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Looked to me like the perp was firing as he was running, and didn't stop firing until he hit the ground. Threat neutralized.

Gave me a hard on.

10. G30USMC

I bet it did !

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I'd say he shot the guy as he seemed to turn to take cover behind his jeep. Good shooting, too.

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Interesting the difference between an armed criminal and a CCW holder. Most concealed carry people I know practice on a regular basis. I would bet that this is the case with this intended victim. The perp had a gun already in his hand and pointed at the victim. And the perp is the one that ended up on the pavement. The victim obviously knew how to use his gun.

13. MisterMcCool

I watched it four more times. He shot that guy in the back as he was retreating. Adrenaline, excitement, anxiety, fear, training? I still wouldn't convict him.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

You may be right. I agree though, I wouldn't convict him. And considering that it looked like the entire confrontation took less than two seconds, I think it'd be a tough case to try and get a conviction out of.

By the way, did I mention that I hope that perp is dead? I really do. It gives me a warm and fuzzy to think that I may have just witnessed the final moments of a thug's life. From back in February...

15. cbartrip6

cbartrip6 New Member

Looks a little bit like the 2nd guy who turned the corner (dressed in dark) right after the shooting started was starting to draw his own pistol. Perhaps it was the perps backup who got scared off.

16. MisterMcCool

I was certain of that.

17. sc00ts

sc00ts New Member

Great lesson in situational awareness. The perp is barely up to the window and though it's hard to tell what the driver is doing with his left hand out the window, he's clearly on the defensive. As soon as the perp pulls his gun the driver fires a round with his right hand. SA is a challenge for me, this is a good reminder to be vigilant.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think the two of them pulled up in the little silver car together.

No honor amongst thugs. He left his homey.

19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

self preservation on the part of the second thug.

another way of looking at it is this way, serves a purpose. second thug tells all the other thugs how thug #1 got himself killed trying to carjack the wrong person. all the other thugs are hopefully a bit wary of pulling a carjacking, wondering if the one they try has an armed citizen in it, waiting to chill them out.