Arizmente Zulaica Y Cia Revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Duckhunter1966, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Duckhunter1966

Duckhunter1966 New Member

I just had a friend give me an A.z.c. Revolver. It looks remarkably like a Colt single action police positive. It also appears to be a .38 - but since it's Spanish it could be some weird European caliber. Has anyone ever heard of these guns? I'm trying to figure out value but I can't find it anywhere...

I've also heard they are very unsafe to shoot. If anyone has any information or can point me to a data source I sure would appreciate it.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah. I uh, I got nothing. Let me see if C3 is around. Or maybe Mark or Robo. They are bigtime revolver guys.....

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Duck- welcome to the forums- when you get a minute, stop by the intro thread and say howdy.

Your revolver is likely from a section of Spain (Eibar) that was home to dozens of small companies that made copies of Colt, S&W, and Browning handguns. Ever notice that S&W has "Marcas Registrada" stamped on it? That's why!

We REALLY need some pictures. A close spelling of one of the makers there was Arizmendi, Zulaica y Cia.

Quality varied from so-so to not bad. It MAY be a .38 S&W, may be a .38 Special. If not marked with the caliber, you need a smith to check it over.

Values? Not real high, depends on condition. Got pics?

4. Duckhunter1966

Duckhunter1966 New Member

It is very similar to the revolver in the thread. I'm guessing it is. 32-20 caliber and a Colt clone NOT an S&W.

5. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

These Spanish copies are wild, I'd take it to a smith.