Argentine Sistemas 1911 - 1952

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Powersportgiant, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Is there anyone here that knows much about the Argentine 1911's and their value? I know it's a 1952 model and it's in good shape, I just cannot find out much more about it. Any help on value is greatly appreciated.

2. Powersportgiant

Forgot to add the pictures. Hopefully I have provided enough information.

Attached Files:

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Starting at roughly $400 and up on GunBroker depending on condition, history, etc.

Sounds to me like you have something worth hanging onto.

Follow the results of this auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=307496134 Whatever happens there should be interesting information.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  4. Powersportgiant

Thanks Gator, I've been following them on Gunbroker a little and it seems as if some sell, some don't. Kinda hit or miss. I can pick this one up for Just over $500 and does not seem like a bad buy at all for a gun that's 60 years old. Just wanted to get more information before I commit to it.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's a Colt. Made under license in Argentina on Colt manufacturing equipment. They have gone up in value considerably. If it's in good condition, it's worth $500. any day of the week.

The roll mark indicates that it was an Army pistol. It should say "Ejercito" something or other. Air Force pistols are more scarce. Check the condition carefully. Some were re- arsenaled and are like new. Original pistols are worth more, but are harder to find.

BTW, the sights aren't original. They came with basic G.I. sights. Those look like sh*t and hurt the value.

6. Powersportgiant

Thanks for the info. Notice the front slide serrations too, never seen one with slide serrations.

7. CA357

Oh yeah, thanks. Those aren't original to the pistol as far as I know. I've never seen a Sistema with them before. I don't think I'd buy that one and I love Sistems's.

8. Powersportgiant

hmm, i'm curious as to why you would not buy it. Even at a great price....?

9. CA357

Didn't you say it was $500. or am I imagining things? I wouldn't buy it because of the non original sights and the front slide serrations. I don't care for them and would rather have it stock. If you like it, then by all means buy it. It's a personal choice.

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

There are quite a few "non-original" features on that pistol. Sights, serations, commander hammer, beavertail safety, extended thumb safety, pachmeyer grips, parkerizing after the metal work. Who knows what else? Who did the work and how good are they?

11. Powersportgiant

It's $500. I'm gonna check it out and see how it looks and all and go from there.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a shooter and not a collector piece it would make a good foundation. As long as the work that was done to it was done right it would be a fine shooter.

13. Powersportgiant

So I went ahead and picked up this Argentine 1911. I stripped, cleaned, and lubed then shot it, just cleaned again. Tack DRIVER !! Couple more pics

Attached Files:

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

15. CA357

Enjoy it, shoot it often.