ARES bullets, US source?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by BillM, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Anybody know of a US importer of ARES bullets?

These: ARES

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

They're certainly colorful. I'm curious about them, but wouldn't go out of my way to find them. However, if I saw a box, I'd probably pick it up for grins.

3. BillM

Supposed to be very clean, and provide a 7-10% increase in velocity
    with no there changes. Also from what I read they are one of the
    cheaper bullets in Europe. Would like to give them a try for USPSA
    loads---reduce the load and still make power factor.

And yes---especially the purple ones (for small dinosaurs, you know which
    one) kind of make me grin.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Clean or not I am not putting a bullet in them GHAY azz colors in my gun.

I bet your go "Oh Snap girlfriend" when you shoot them.

Beside the GHAY azz colors. I am not putting a PAINTED bullet in my bore. Sorry unless it is a ceramic coating it is going to leave crap in the barrel I bet even more than a jacketed or cast lead boolit.

5. BillM

How does it feel to be a legend in your own mind?

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It feels really good.

What's your point.....

7. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

I believe they are polymer coated with moly added for lubrication. Besides, it seems the Cpt seems to know a bit about the alternative lifestyle speak as it were. :rolleyes:

8. Highpower

Highpower New Member

LOL! I mis-read that as GRAY and thought you had an aversion to MOLY coated bullets tango. :D

Not your usual spelling of "ghey". ;)

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Sorry

The Ghay color comment was meant as a joke. My bad.....

polymer coated would not be my first choice for coating a a bullet. I just don't see how they are cleaner than a copper jacketed bullet or a hard cast bullet. That stuff has to come off in the barrel and will normal solvents like sweets or Hoppes get it out of the bore? I wouldn't think so......

PS I still think they are GHAY

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I do there is nothing to prove it works and nothing to prove it does anything. It dose how ever add to the diameter of the bullet causing higher pressures (or some I have been told by some bench rest guys).

11. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

Typically they are sized under so when they are coated the diameter is correct.

12. m72law

m72law New Member

i remember seeing a few stores carrying these bullets a few years back....i think they where a BARNES brand...dont know how they shot or what not...but its kinda weird that i havent seen any in a while @ the gun shops around here...i did ask a guy working at one of the local gun stores about them and he said they havent had any for a long time....no1 was buying them,cause of the price and the way they looked....he did say they shot very well in pink colored firearms:D

13. m72law

m72law New Member

ok i just took a look at the link ARES bullets.....WTF?:eek:not to bash no1 or anything,but damnit man....i dont think i would want to load up some colorful dildo bullets,take them to the range and have everyone there poke fun at me with my boy george bullets....sorry,couldnt do it....save your money and buy more guns!