Ares Armor

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by GeneralPatton, Aug 1, 2013.

1. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Anyone getting anything from these guys? I ordered a 3 pack of Troy Battle mags back on Feb 3 when they showed "in stock." They haven't responded to emails about status. I mean, I've seen the battle mags on the shelf other places now for weeks, if not months. It'd be nice to at least hear from them if nothing else. My patience is about all used up. This is one reason I don't like buying from the little guys that aren't local.

2. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Never heard of them. Did they charge your credit card yet? If so, contact your bank and get a refund. Heck if they won't even reply to your emails, it's time to move along.

The battle mags are freely flowing again for about $13 a piece.

3. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

These shady *** people at Ares! There have been numerous threads on them. I have had a bad experience ,as well as my friends, mainly with their 80%. I live 45 minutes away from them so I went in the store to make things right. They always play the back order game, charge you up front, and never communicate. In every thread about these guys I have told people to stay away from them. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to read it. I know from my sources, local manufacturers, that they were shut down temporarily for shady 80% manufacturing and are supposedly under new management.

4. hoovco

hoovco New Member

They told me they would give me store credit for never getting my mags. Turns out somehow they can't put store credit on my web account and I have to make a phone order. Guess who never answers their phones or returns calls?

5. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

They got their scam down! Shady!

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Please avoid dealing with Ares. I ordered from them and was charged at the date the order was placed. What I was ordering appeared to be live stock. But then if you dig deep enough into their website, you arrive at a page that essentially says, "you get it when you get it, tough sh!t". After 6 months of zero results or communication I demanded a refund. To their credit, they were good for it. Make no mistake, they're not a 'scam' company...just one with slow service and lousy communication, ala "RGuns".

I recommend dealing with someone else. I won't make the mistake of dealing with Ares again.

7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Well, hindsight is usually 20/20. Pathetic loosers do business like this.

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

They finally returned my email with that same BS story. Here's what the first response said;

"We do not have an ETA on battle mags. Would you like to switch to something in stock. I do not have the authority to refund. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do. "

I responded that they have nothing in stock that I either need or want, so they could either process a refund or I could do it from my end with a simple call to the card issuer. They then sent this;

"In order to expedite your request, we have adapted a 'Policy Exemption Request Form' to streamline the process for you. Please understand, due to numerous failed attempts at fraud; this process and form was created to both decrease wait times for responses to agreed upon policy exemption requests and protect our customers from fraudulent activity. (There has been multiple attempts from 3rd parties to cancel orders that are not belonging to the requester and receive funds that is not belonging to them.)

If we find that you are attempting to cancel an order that you did not place and fraudulently receive funds or product from that order we will forward your information to the proper authorities.

Important Steps to Follow:
    Please go to the link I have provided: http://aresarmor.com/store/media/ecom/images/Form-PERF-v2.pdf
    Complete the Policy Exemption Request Form.
    Attach necessary documents required. Unfortunately incomplete forms cannot be processed.
    Submit completed form and attached documents to: request@aresarmor.com or mail to: Attn: Policy Exemption Request, Ares Armor, 208 N Freeman St, Oceanside, CA 92054.

Please note the completion of this process is to request a policy exemption evaluation and does not guarantee a refund will be provided. Complete requests will be reviewed the Friday and Saturday of each week.

Thank you for your patience as we work to process your request.
    Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Ares Armor Customer Service Team
    (760)650-2737

Ticket: "

So basically, they are accusing those they send this form to of trying to get a refund of things they didn't buy. Real good way to continue ****ting all over what customers you may have left. Morons

9. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

That's their M.O, make up B.S excuses for crap service

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I say screw them and file with your credit card company. How much did they charge you for the 3-Pack?

11. hoovco

hoovco New Member

59 bucks including shipping

12. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I had the same problem, but what really gets me is that I emailed them before ordering and they "confirmed" stock of them. Let's just say after 6 months I grew tired of their bs. Finally got my money back from them tho. Never will I venture to their website again

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

If you get your credit card company to get you your money back, I'll sell you a 3 pack for $55.

14. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

15. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I also had an order of the 3 Pack of battlemags about 6 months back. They took so damn long to try to ship them that the credit card I used had expired! Lucky me!!! They emailed me for a new card number and I said eff you! 3 pack for $60 is no longer a good deal. I just ordered some for $8.95/each.

16. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I know this is old and long dead, but I found this amusing today in an email from my inbox.

Thank you for being a Ares Armor valued customer.

Your order has been completed.

If your having any questions about your order, please give us a call at 760-650-2737 (ARES), or reply to this email.

Please review your order information below:

Order Information
    Order Number
    ORD1359908842
    Order Status
    Completed
    Order Date and Time
    02/03/2013 09:27:22 AM

10 Months to ship 3 mags that have been in stock for 7 months everywhere else in the world, that were "in stock" when ordered.

17. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

No ****!!!!! I got the same email from them today!!!

image-2602145549.jpg
    Wtf?????

18. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Ares is so unorganized, I will never do business with them again

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

They have the gall to keep sending me "email specials" after this ****bag experience. Yea, I'd buy from you again......not.

The worst part was I couldn't even cancel the dam order. I had long since canceled that card, so it was either just SOL on the money spent or hope at some point the mags would show up.

20. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I had the same problem, they let me get an item in stock and a check for the difference