Are you with us, or against us?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Dillinger, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Yes! I want to help write & contribute

105 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Yes! I want to help, but writing isn't my thing

61 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Yes! But I am busy in R/T - I will e-mail my reps with each request

17 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. No. I would rather just sit around and bitch about it

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, we have been thinking about using our collective membership here as a voice to our government gone awry. Initially opaww had proposed this idea a couple of months ago - but I think it's time has come.

We have several very intelligent and well informed members here. I think of most of you like brothers from another mother. Except for canebreak, he is more like my annoying uncle I can't get rid of. :rolleyes:

I am proposing that we work together, using our collective intellect, to make a run of letters that we can work on together, edit and make powerful, but without threats, that our membership can then copy and paste to send to our Governors, our Senators and CONgress citters to let them know this membership, We The People and watching and we are NOT amused.

So my question is this: Do you want to help out? Do you want to actually be involved in a solution? Or do you want to sit around with your head in the sandbox of appeasement and let out government continue to go unanswered for their acts?

Make your votes and let's see where the rubber meets the road....

I am counting on you guys to do the right thing.

JD

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Do Nothing; Become A Criminal!

Think about this; if you do nothing now, by the time you're my age this request will be illegal!

I’m thinking……….But…..

I volunteered awhile back for another job and have yet to hear a word about that suggestion. An equally useful tool for us here @ FTF.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/rock-island-armory-1911-a-10415/#post66900

Post # 17

I’m not lookin’ to be stroked, too old for that, just want this to be the best source for gun owners’ info anywhere!

I would be honored to support our PRO-ACTIVE effort to be heard by the "Masters* in Washington" and state elected officals.

* Jeff Cooper

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Count me in, JD. I am willing to help write and proof read. :)

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Wow, three votes but only two posts, someone have a commitment problem?

Look guys, the time has passed to sit back and let your fate be determined by others! If that isn’t obvious take a look at how the porkulus stimulus bill was railroaded into law!

Step up!

5. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

I am willing to write, or review and make suggestions about anything others contribute. I'm working on a letter about the so-called stimulus package. Will post it up for comments when I'm done.

6. user4

user4 New Member

I'm in, but as I said, my personal style tends to put people off, so I'll pass along what gets approved here. That being said, whoever does this better know how to write and have correct grammar because I am a Nazi on that Sh1t. No pressure.

7. chopkick

chopkick New Member

I'm in brothers and sisters. Ineff I will do my best to help folks see the softer side of your demeanor. :p

8. sgtmac

sgtmac New Member

I would love to help and get involved, but my writing is hit or miss, very good or very bad! Let me know what I can do!

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm game, I always got good grades in my writing in college. I'm not a great proof reader though, I seem to just fill in whats missing or correct things mentally and overlook them on the paper.

10. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Brothers keep your facts straight and I put my Joe Hancock on anything you come up with. You have to back your rhetoric with facts. That means citing your sources and giving credit where it is due. The lying left seems to often forget how important facts are. Your my brothers, I got your back.

Spittenfire, I try to read what I write out loud. I still make mistakes, but not as many.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  11. David26

David26 New Member

let me know what i can do but like many of others i am not great at putting my words to papper and have them still come out right

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This is what I was hoping for. We can all weigh in on the letter, make changes, or spelling/grammar corrections, and then we will post the letter as a whole nother thread for everyone to quickly view, cut & Paste, and ship off.

This is going to be something that will grow - I can feel.

Looks like we already have cnynrat working on a letter - let's see what you got brother and then we can add some facts and make some changes, if needed, then we can all ship it off to our "representatives"

JD

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

What areas of government will this letter address? There are a number of issues going on right now that I'm concerned about, the latest is the porkulus bill (yes, I listen to Rush).

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here's an excellent submission from MrKimber in another thread:

"Mr/Mrs congressman/senator/representatives

You had the opportunity to exert leadership in the recent stimulus process by ensuring that President Obama's campaign promises of openness, transparency, and post-partisan politics became realities in fact, not just empty platitudes. By your quick affirmative vote on the Democrat's plan, you bypassed that opportunity and handed them an easy victory on legislation that they (and you) owed it to the American people to study in much more depth.

Full and fair disclosure and debate on the stimulus might have extended its passage by a few weeks (and might have even turned some minds, maybe even yours), but I suppose you felt it was much more important to have the Presidents' Day signing/photo op than to do the peoples' business in a careful, thoughtful, open, and honest way. By signing a bill of this magnatude without reading and understanding it proves your irresponsibility.

Like many, I've been in that very silent majority for much too long. Thanks to you, that has changed. I will now use every resource at my disposal to provide campaign support, both financial and otherwise, to whomever you might face in the next primary. Printing money that has no backing and taking high intrest loans to spend on pork projects only binds our future and our childrens future. The names that signed this bill into action will be in front of the people loudly in the future when it fails to do anything to help this country. Yours is on this list."

What do you guys think? How can we improve it? Does it even need improving? I think we should add that we are a consortium of like minded, lawful and responsible gun owners who belong to this forum and state we have over 10,000 members. Try to add a little weight behind the words.

What are your thoughts guys?

JD

15. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Most Excellent. JD, We need to let them know whom we are.

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

"whomever" does this

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

"who" we are.

18. chopkick

chopkick New Member

I think its great. Don't know that we can improve on it that much, if any. Concise and gets right to the point. Also, puts the limp wristed sellouts on notice.
    Edit for spelling and let 'er fly.

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

My thoughts just for starters.

1. Dear Elected Official (this should be customized, but start with Dear. i.e. Dear Senator Spector)
    2. Waaayyy to centric as to political party affiliation (no reps from the GOP approved it and 3 GOP Senators)
    3. Good start, but we need to remind those people that we are registered voters who pay taxes.
    4. Gotta watch the run-on sentences
    5. We can use much of this, but we should stay away from any 'threat' other than 'no vote for you, next time'

Just my $.02 off the top.

20. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

More than willing to word smith. What are we, as a collective body; confronting first?