Are you ready for the riot?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So tonight is game seven of the NBA finals between Boston and LA. As much as I love my team and want the Lakers to win, I know a game seven win here in LA will likely trigger a riot. WTF is wrong with people that they have to use any excuse they can find to destroy other people’s property.

And it’s not just LA. Riots after a major home team win happen in a lot of major cities. Might even happen in Boston if they win tonight.

It’s embarrassing to say I’m a fan when others act so stupid after a big victory.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm prepared ..... i have no interest in the game and I live in the mountains of VT. :p

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm in Sacramento. Thank goodness the Kings suck. :eek:

4. steve666

steve666 New Member

I'm afraid that here with the Pacers it's a problem I'll never have to worry about!!![​IMG]

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Ditto that for Sixers

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Win or lose, there will be a certain degree of rioting in LA tonight. Keep your head down and your powder dry.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Definitely. Good luck Jo, I imagine tonight is going to be some riotous behavior regardless of the outcome. Mob mentality will take over and I can definitely see some cars getting over-turned and ever present fire.

It would be nice to think it won't happen - But I am going with an 80/20 that tomorrow's headlines are going to feature a riot first and who won second. :rolleyes:

JD

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

And what always strikes me as strange is that it's often times the cop’s cars that get rolled and or burned. Then it's like some big surprise that the riot happened. They should have the riot squad lining the streets near the Staples Center and snipers on the roof tops.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That would mean a Police State in the most wonderful and accepting State in the nation, Jo. Duh. :rolleyes:

Pelosi, Boxer and company would never put up with that. These fans need an outlet for their joy/deep emotional suffering. ;)

Personally I hope the Celtics win and the National Guard is waiting outside with rubber ammo, Mace shooting fire hoses and an entire baton training unit. :D

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I was going to say National Guard...

But we would have had to call them last month to get them here by tonight.

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I am glad New Mexico does not have a team.

Be careful in LA. The riot or riots will happen no matter who wins. Riot is always a way to get free stuff for some and others just to do damage. I just do not understand the reason why, it is just a game!

12. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Better to watch the game on TV. That area is not a nice place. Pretty close to where the 92 riots were if I remember right.