are you ready for some...FOOTBALL...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Aug 24, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The St.Louis Rams ..SUCKED..Last-year so bad I never even went to a game....Who do you think will go all the way to the Super-Bowl ???...Vegas has odd's on everything from the coin toss to who fumbles first...crazy...I say Pittsburg & not sure ???....maybe Jetts....

2. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I think Jets are going to implode. My money would be on the Packers.

3. fmj

fmj New Member

I've been ready since Feb.

Aints gonna be the Jets....too early to say.

I sure would like to see my DUHtroit Dions in the big dance!

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Hell yea that's my team. Mr. Johnson is a beast!!! They do need a running back though.

5. fmj

fmj New Member

I think Leshoure could be the man,(if he can stay healthy) at least a great compliment to Kevin Smith...I REALLY like Jahvid....but the dudes nugget is soft as warm butter.

The biggest question mark (s) is and will be defensive secondary and discipline.

I have this thing about white guys wearing black players jerseys, and vice versa(not that i am racist...its just a silly little thing to me) guess whos jersey i wear. (and WILL be wearing when i am @ Ford Field Turkey day) Thats right the # 81 of MEGATRON.

I was gonna get a Schefler or Stafford jersey...but came across the 81 at a garbage sale...dude wanted $30, haggled it down to $20. $20 for a $100 jersey i will wear ANYBODIES jersey for that coin!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Win, Lose or Tie; Raiders 'Till I Die!

Unfortunately it's mostly lose. As long as we beat the Denver Donkey's I will be happy. :)

I think the 49ers and the Packers are probably in the best position to win it all.

7. fmj

fmj New Member

At least the raiders have a lombardi in their case (same with the rams)....so dont wanna hear about "our losing seasons"!!

Maybe my dions can go 18-0 to make up for the other "perfect" season.

I once was a big Donkey fan, but not now....i hope your raiders breaks that primodonna 18 in half!! I hate that interception throwing, primodonna, whiny azz punk!

9ers, much as i hate 'em, could be the class of the NFC. (I hate ANY team that has 5 or more rings. Its time for some others to be inthe spotlight...like the browns, or the texans, or my DIONS!!)

8. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

And now, just for that, I will cheer for the Lions all season. :D

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a friend that just got drafted to the lions

10. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

It's just a game where the players bitch about not getting enuff money. So I really don't care who makes it to the playoffs and SB.

You think any team/player cares if you can pay your bills as their making millions??? I don't think so.

Fun to watch as long it's a close game other than that that's all it is a game.

My two cents

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm ready for the cheerleaders.

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Dallas Cheerleaders....Short-Shorts....

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

That is f**king awesome!!! They have to control Suh!!! Yea the secondary is a little sorry, but I think they are going to great this season. How is Ford Field?

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Chicago & New-York on T.V. right now....Chicago was good two years ago....

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

16. clem_

clem_ New Member

]

go pack go!

17. fmj

fmj New Member

Dunno, never been there. Used to go to the silver dome with dad back in the 80's and watch the blue and silver ....Watching Billy Simms (the other #20) run in td's right in front of us. But have never been to the new Ford Field.

A little story:

Last X-mas eve, at moms house. We were watching the lions play the SD Bolts. Lions win and their in the playoffs. Great game!

Mom says right after Avril grabs the pick 6, "Wouldnt it be great to be there now?" I say, "yeah, it would be great."

This spring, after redoing the duct work ( actually making it RIGHT) in her house and installing a new central air system, we are sitting at the local watering hole, i am rinsing the dust out of my throat with frosty beers. I say "wouldnt it be great to go see the lions play on turkey day?" She says, "yeah, that would be great."

Flash forward to July 10 (the 14th anniversary of us planting my dad) I get a phone call @ 10:15 a.m. Its mom. We talk about how bummed we are, how miss the old man, etc. etc. Then she says, "Guess what i did?" I say half heartedly, (thinking to myself, ohhh lord, what did you do NOW woman) "what did you do?" She says, "I decided we're doing thanksgiving as a family this year." I say, "OK" (thinking to myself "good lord, we NEVER get together as a family on T-day...thats a X-mas thing) She says, "I have also decided we're having hotdogs and beer for our dinner." I say, "OK" (thinking Hotdogs and beer?! GOOD LORD!) Then she says, "Did i mention we're having thanksgiving AT FORD FIELD?"

Tickets went on sale @ 10 a.m. July 10...the T-day game and the game the week before vs the Pack sold out in less than 10 minutes! Mom snagged 9 tix for us!!

I am thinking there was someone looking over this crazy idea and making sure we got 'em. Dad had season tickets back in the day, but we NEVER went to a thanksgiving day game because he and I were in the UP deer hunting!!

I am STOKED for turkey day this year!!!

18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Sorry to hear about your dad that long ago. That is AWESOME what your mom did for you guys!!!! The LIONS better kick some ass that game for you. I saw Barry play one game in Soldier Field back in the day! He was an amazing player and I consider him the greatest running back!!

19. vincent

vincent New Member

I'm keeping my big yap shut for now...;)

But these are my guys...

Attached Files:

20. cj84

cj84 New Member

<-------------