"Are You Prepared?"

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SlamFire, Mar 8, 2009.

1. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

"Are You Prepared?"

There's the header across the top of the page. I never gave it too much thought, until I decided to sell this house. The realtor wants all the "gunnage" stowed away. I had a couple handguns on the coffee table, along with a small cannon . . .

Shotguns in the corner, 45 ACP XD and 9mm in a couple drawers, 44 mag. revolver in the night stand. (NO kids, no guests for the most part, never any strangers in the house.)

So it's all locked away in the safe now.

And I realized that the stuff I'd grab -- AK, lever carbine, XD, needed to be moved to the front where I can grab them. I put a mag in the AK, empty, but with a 50 rd. ammo box on the shelf. There's ammo out for the XD, the 9mm, the lever carbine, etc. Large, fixed bladed stuff is accessible too.

I don't expect any sort of insurrection, but the last thing I want to be doing is having to dig into the back of the safe to get at the stuff which should be right up front.

Are you prepared?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Why on Earth would you have firearms or anything else of value that can fit into a stranger's pocket laying around when you are trying to sell a house?

How many 'at ready' firearms do you need?

Better yet, where do you live and who is your realtor? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Stranger: Look, honey, this guy has the same Rolex I have.

Honey: Cool, he must be a good person. (to realtor) What's the master bath look like?

(Realtor turns head-Rolex gone)

You get home, and notice the missing watch. You call realtor stupidly assuming that realtor has 'screened' potential buyers.

Realtor: They looked nice.

Absolutely idiotic and purposely baited for your slant. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, Slamfire. :rolleyes:

4. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

Can ANY of you people read past the 4th grade level?

5. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I have all my guns stored away and a spring action electric safe next to my bed.

That banner is for a more broad topic though. More so are you prepared with food, electricity, supplies, etc.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

What do you mean 'you people?' I know where you are coming from, because it shows in your posts. You may as well change your name to ObamaLover or Lefty. How's Infiltrator strke you? As it was brought up in another thread, you have not contributed in any way. :D

7. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

skullcrusher, thanks for the laugh bro. I was kind of thinking the same thing when I first read his post. Damn I need a new house(with guns all over):D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There is always the "ignore" feature - it's known to work wonders.... :cool:

JD

9. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

But who would we argue with then?:D

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

What are you prepared for? Those are all weapons that an intruder can use to kill you and yours and your neighbors and...

One pistol in the nightstand is far more than sufficient to defend yourself as you work your way to your gun safe.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You can argue with Ineffable. He will argue just about anything if there is a good chance of getting some spirited back and forth going. LOL