Are You Gonna Get One?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by metweezer, May 29, 2010.

1. metweezer

metweezer New Member

When the Kel-Tec PMR30 is finally released to suppliers, are you going to buy one? Why/why not?

2. mcramer

mcramer New Member

nope.
    although 30 rnds of .22mag does sound good, i dont like the way it looks, it also looks like the grip angle is uncomfortable.

thats just me at first sight of the gun

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

It looks like fun. But 22 mag is not cheap. I can reload 44 mag cheaper. But wow 30 round mags. I have to think about it.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I liked it at first, but .22 mag is expensive like others said. I'll wait until they are out for a while then I'll decide.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

In the early '90's Grendel Arms sold the P30, a 30rd .22mag. I sold a few and all but one were great. One had a terrible problem with bulging cases and was replaced by the factory.

The design guy for Grendel Arms was George Kelgren, owner of the company that is now Kel Tec. He is a pretty brilliant guy.

I would buy one if it crossed my path.

[​IMG]

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That's one strange looking gun.

[​IMG]

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

im really interested but i dont ike being an early adopter. im disapointed in the goofy fiber sights, not a fan of that. if it feels good to hold and it actually works i will be very tempted

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

It seems Kel-Tec models often rely on being "the poor man's....(fill in the blank)"

From their compacts, to their tactical rifles, and now this almost gives the impression of being "the poor man's FN FiveseveN". At least it seems to have a similar profile. But as long as it's a quality product, that's always an important role in any given market.

Maybe it'll be worth a look. There are probably too many cool guns that I don't have for this to be a priority anytime soon. But I do think Kel-Tec makes some decent stuff. Their compact pistols have a strong following, and I'll give them a serious look when I get my CHL. Their tactical rifles seem like relative bargains. And I just picked up a Sub 2000 which I'm pretty happy with so far.

9. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

It's not first on my wish list, but it'd be cool to have. Kel Tec makes a quality product, so function is a pretty minor concern.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Not on my wish list either. And even if it were there'd be a whole lot above it! Can see how it'd be fun though.

11. gilfo

gilfo Member

If it came in 22lr I'd be intersted. 22 mag is a bit to costly for me.

12. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

I like the way it looks.

13. Viking

Viking Active Member

Check out High Standard they offer AMT Auto Mag II in .22 WRM, they only have 9 round magazines but they look great. There is also a Auto Mag III model that fires the .30 carbine cartridge. The big plus for the Kel-Tec is the 30 round capacity magazine.

14. metweezer

metweezer New Member

I sent Kel-Tec an email asking when they expected to have the PMR30 in stores. The said July. ;)

15. vezpa

vezpa New Member

The reason I won't get one is because it is a Kel Tec.

;)