Are you going to

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by muzzelpup, Aug 6, 2009.

1. muzzelpup

muzzelpup New Member

get the flu shot? Have you listened to Alex Jones lately?

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Haven't gotten a Flu shot since I left the Military....

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I've never gotten a flu shot. I believe like the Romans used to say "That, that doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Continual exposure to virises and other such nasty things builds our natural immunity systems much greater than any man made efforts to prevent them. I haven't had a major cold or flu for near 20 years now by living by this belief. Maby I'm crazy, but I seem to have unnatural immunity compaired to others, when it comes to Influnenzas and Rhino virusus by living by this philosophy.

4. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I already got the flu this year. Sucked, but I got through it with 102.5 temperature.

S.S.

5. opaww

opaww New Member

No shots for me

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I usually get a flu shot every year.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Actually, that was Nietsche in 1888. But I'm sure the Romans had a similar philosophy.

No flu shot for me.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

i can't last time I got one withen 12 hours I had a temp of 104.3* there is something in it that I am allergic to.

they made us get them in the Army didn't want to listen to me that I got really sick every time. AF was going to give me one and read my medical records and said three times of getting one every time I was back in the hospital within 12 hours with temps in the 103 to 105* range I am allergic to something in it and they will not give me one.

9. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Nope, haven't ever had one, and don't plan to start now.

Something I couldn't understand last year with all the bird flu craziness; everyone was telling us to go get our flu shots, in fact they were giving them away at my work. But the bird flu hadn't made the jump to humans yet, so the flu shots they were pushing on people were completely useless against it. :confused::confused:

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I will never get another flu shot or flu mist. I was forced to get them both during my time in the military and I got sick every time. Since using the mist I've developed sinus problems that I never had before. I don't know that the mist caused my problems but they are too closely related for me.

Of course here in a year or two with obamacare you might be forced to get it!

11. WDB

WDB New Member

I get a flu shot every year and haven't had the flu in 20+ years.

12. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

Nope! No shot for me, thank you. I had the government required ones in the past, but none since then. I rarely get anything anyhow.

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Had the "forced" flu shots while in the Army (1975 - 1978). Each time ended up with 3 days quarters. I've not had a flu shot since and I don't plan to start any time soon.

14. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

None for me, thanks. And p*ss on obama-care.

15. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I don't get flu shots, it's been over 30 years since I have had the flu... I haven't had a cold on 10 years. Wash your hands often and don't pick your nose... stay away from public transportation.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you wash your hands often and do it correctly and practice good over all personal hygiene you will stay more healthy than by getting all these shots all the dam time. Speaking of which I wonder if I need a rabies booster?

17. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Um...No. I wouldn't do that to my family.

18. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

...I haven't listened to Alex Jones. What does he have to say about it?

19. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Don't plan to, but haven't ruled it out. See "I Am Legend". When I'm hanging by my ankle, I'll seriously consider it.

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I get a flu shot every fall at the VA clinic.

I have not had the flu or colds since starting the shots 10 years ago! [​IMG]