Are you a hypocrite?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by TekGreg, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Fellow Gun Owners,

Are you a hypocrite?

When incidents like Aurora, CO. theater shooting occur, anti-gunners swing into action to light up the public and news media. They get the victim's families on the boob tube crying about how unfair and untimely the death of their family member was. Of course, we agree that the killings that happen are heinous and should never occur, ever, for any reason. The only solution to the problem that is heard by the public is the anti-gunners who also pretty much control the media.

We don't step forward to offer our answer to that situation, or point out the facts, such as the theater being a Gun Free Zone (GFZ), where a lawfully licensed and background-checked CCW holder could not lawfully carry his pistol and offer protection to himself and his loved ones, nor the fact that the theater, even after declaring itself a GFZ, provided no armed protection for their patrons (Yes, there are theaters that have armed guards - I used to attend one because it had armed guards). GFZs, when not tightly regulated (fences, walls, towers) and patrolled with armed responders is NOT safe for the people entering it, it is simply a false sense of security. Why are violent crime rates higher at colleges, schools, malls and other large GFZs? Because there is a large concentration of people and NO ONE, not even the guards, are armed. But does the public understand this? Are they given ALL the facts so they can make an intelligent choice?

We know what we believe, but the general public is never given ALL of the truth. The public is given only what the anti-gun advocates want them to hear. And if we don't actually DO something other than talk on firearms forums about how horrible it is, then we will lose our rights and it will be...

OUR FAULT!

Yes, our fault. We didn't educate voters, we didn't write our elected representatives, we didn't even stand up to someone spewing anti-gun rhetoric at the company picnic. Get moving and DO something that shows we deserve the Second Amendment as a personal right as the Supreme Court has ruled, and are not subject to one presidents personal agenda or a multi-national political agency bent on turning Americans into the same citizens as the rest of the world: unable to enforce their right to a free and independent government set forth by their Founding Fathers.

If you are a responsible gun-owner, or an American, and believe in the 1st Amendment as much as the 2nd, then at least write your elected representatives and let them know what you and yours are going to vote if they don't listen. It takes as long to write a letter or email to your Senator or Congressman as it does to read this post, so take just as long and let your voice be heard! And if you haven't yet, register to vote. Many precincts allow you to do it online, and you will be taken more seriously when you write your representatives.

Elected Officials is where you find their mail, e-mail, phone, fax and every other piece of contact information. At the very least, you'll click that link and tell them what you think. :)

2. fmj

fmj Active Member

Your just a damned terrorist!!!:rolleyes:

;):D:p

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

TekGreg, very well written! you have brought up some very valid points that we as responible gun owners need to think about and adrdress.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

People, WRITE YOUR OFFICIALS!!!

I just wrote both of our Senators about the UN Small Arms Treaty. Will those two letters help? Maybe, maybe not. If 100-200 people sent them letters, would it help? Most likely it would.

There are 100 people on the Senate, get their support. Send both of your Senators an email. Even if you don't think it will help, do it anyways.

Remember, WE THE PEOPLE hold the power, not the Government. Make sure that the Senate, and the House knows that we will vote them out if they vote for any more anti gun legislation. Regardless if it passes or not. Make them cater to the People's will like they're supposed to.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  5. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The problem I see is the people who don't own guns only want the police and/or military to have guns. They think someone who just goes and buys a gun is a threat and not qualified and not trained properly to do the right thing. They have never shot a gun and are afraid of guns. I don't know how to edumacate them.

6. texaswoodworker

A lot of stats from really good sources, a lot of arguing/talking, and finally convincing them to at least get them to the range. After they actually shoot a gun, it may be much easier.

This will not work on everyone. Some people have been buried way to far under the liberals' lies, and are basically a lost cause.

7. jimjc

jimjc New Member

It`s a very up hill battle for gun owners...The Police departments don`t want people to own guns and actually work to get gun control...City governments...family organizations...women's groups....religious groups...just to mention a few..... people are scared of guns and they don`t trust people that own them...and don`t care about the 2nd amend...no matter what the arguement is...

People just no longer trust other people...there has been a divide and conquer mentality for the last 30 years and it`s worked...people simple don`t trust anyone....and big national events like Colorado serve to give strength to the gun control movement....People see the attitude of gun owners digging in and accepting no compromise....The people are sick and tired of nothing working...it`s going to be difficult going forward...there will be compromise whether or not everyone agrees...

8. jimjc

jimjc New Member

It`s doubtful anything other than compromise will work...Liberals and Conservatives... neither have a monopoly on the truth... both do whatever they can to get what they want but when you have our government [ behind the scenes ] working toward gun control...you can bet its coming... in fact all governments want to disarm the world...it`s just a matter of when.... thats why I say gun owners need to have some mechanism to get involved directly in the discussion.....

9. Axxe55

well JimJC, when you live in arich liberal environment such as where you live, you have those problems. here in Texas, we have many amny LEO and departments that support and promote the right to own and carry firearms. liberals down here are the minority. even th Boy Scouts here learn gun safety and shooting, and many of the people i have went to church with CC!

lack of trusting other people comes from your liberal environment. i have been to Illinois a couple of times on business, and some of you are the most rude and unfriendly people i have ever encountered just because i was from the south. like i came from some foreign country. i am not saying that all people from Illinois are like that, but some i met were and i hope they are not representative of all the people there. one of the by far friendliest states i was ever in was Lousiana.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Compromise??? I think you as an IL resident would know better than most about how much we as gun owners have ALREADY compromised! Mandated training, permits, background checks among all the other dog and pony show hoops we have had to jump through just to excercise A RIGHT!!!

Compromise if off the table IMHO as we have given more slack to the anti-rights crowd then any of them will ever admit. Any more compromise will lead us to the point of no return. If you're for more compromise then that's all on you but I think living in IL and listening to the drivel that comes out of Chitcago has depleted your ability for critical thinking...

11. Axxe55

JimJc, we do have a very good mechanism in to get directly involved with any discussions regarding restrictions and bans on firearms, and there is no where it's states compromise, but states "shall not be infringed" that mechanism is the 2nd admendment!

12. jimjc

jimjc New Member

I have lived in Illinois of many years....The people are very good by and large and the area I live in is far and away Conservative but the crooks that run the state are the most successful crooks in the country...I will be leaving and going to more friendly land Florida permanently where I have had property for many years and live there part time....

I believe the lack of trust was spawned by both parties 30 years ago...Conservatives are no more truthful when it comes to government...I have more Conservative friends than Liberal but their all friends no matter...All though if I need help for any reason I have a few Liberal friends that will be here before I can put the phone down....Most of my Conservative friends come from the country clubs I belong to....But I have developed other friends in a 3rd party and have actually won over a few from both parties...I`m not one to mince words..I see you have decided to post to me...could be we got off on the wrong foot...who knows...I never been a me to guy...

I retired very early after owning a few businesses...I know how things work...but I have opinions also...Whether this will be a place I`ll visit or not remains to be seen...Anyway you have a good one..

13. texaswoodworker

Jim, we have tried compromise in the past, and now we regret it. It is time to screw compromise, and go on an all out offensive. We (gun owners and Americans who believe in the Constitution word for word) far out number the anti gun supporters. We have more than enough power to take this country back by voting alone.

14. vincent

vincent New Member

No, no wrong foot, nobody's upset, we're all on the same side here. It's just that the word 'compromise' is like that scab that just won't heal. As pro-rights advocates, we have gone above and beyond the call of duty where this topic is concerned so any more is deemed unacceptable.

Also, again IMHO, defining folks as L and C just pushes the two side further and further apart...the divide is already Grand Canyon-esque. The common ground is what we should focus on and that common ground we ALL share is the Constitution of the United States of America. It's worked for over 2 centuries and while times have indeed changed, people inherently haven't.

15. TekGreg

Flat Tire, do you hav a CCW, or do you practice frequently? Just tell them about all the stuff you had to go through to get a CCW. Or keep a range diary on how many rounds and how often you shoot - it all qualifies as training and will be helpful if you are in a shooting as well. We all train, watch videos, shoot, practice drawing, and it's all training. This is what I tell people who don't understand all the work that goes into owning a gun! :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  16. TekGreg

I've found that many street cops have no problem with citizens being legally armed, but the problem comes at an administrative level, from about lieutenant on up to Chief. This is easy to understand because those levels are dealing with liberal government types that need to approve their promotions. This makes for a "you scratch my back" situation where personal beliefs get sold out for upward career mobility. Check with your police sometime - they'll be more than happy to talk about it! :)

17. TekGreg

Another thing the public is never made aware of is the incidents where an armed citizen stops a crime. Just eight days before Aurora, CO., there was a incident at an Internet Cafe where a citizen wounded two robbers and caused them to be caught. The video footage is here. But this will never be in the mainstream media, because there are no victims' families to be paraded in front of the cameras, no one's blood to show other than the criminals - no way to scream about gun banning at the top of their lungs. Things like this video happen all of the time, but are never broadcast by the media - WE need to make sure others, the public, the voters, know about these incidences.

18. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

My dad was WWII and I was raise with guns in a rural area. My closest neighbor is two miles and I have a rifle range at home. All the State Police and County Sheriffs with snipers come to my house and shoot. I have even had some military boys who want to shoot at 6300' and also shoot 30 degree angles come and spend time with me. The local Sheriff asked me if I had a CCW and I said no, so he gave me a form to fill out. He explained Idaho law and said it would be in my best interest to have one.

19. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I am a Christian in love with my Lord! I feel like I spend more time proselytizing friends and family on gun right and the necessity of owning and using guns responsibly than I do talking about Jesus.

I do think I have that a bit backwards, but I should probably just add more Jesus. I take every opportunity I can to talk about guns in a responsible way, showing that normal Americans can love guns, shoot guns, carry guns, and we're not wackos for doing it!

More guns, less crime is a truism!!

20. TekGreg

So you trained all of your life for the privilege to own and carry firearms and the Sheriff issued you a permit based on his own observation of your shooting skills! What a great story to tell anti-gunners or people that haven't decided yet. You are a great testimony all to yourself!