Are we being watched???

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by vincent, Jul 23, 2011.

1. vincent

vincent New Member

How much do you think Big Brother is monitoring sites like these? I find myself very tentative to post anything that could be construed as even slightly inflammatory...IE-my real name, my choice of weapons, my political views. I was under the impression, as TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOTS that we have the freedom to say whatever we damn well please without fear of reprisal from anyone. Basic rules of civility of course, are just that, basic, like air food and water. I find the people here are very like minded, educated, humble and willing to bend over backwards to offer opinion and advice which is why I keep coming back but how careful are you not to say too much? The whole political correctness movement is nothing more than an underhanded liberal scam to undermine our right to free speech. If I say something in public, surely it will be forgotten but if I write it on the internet there is permanent, tangible proof of my beliefs and I for one will NOT be made to explain myself to anyone but God. Anyone have a take??

Thanks for reading my rant...I'm re-reading Ted White and Blue and sometimes it angrys up the blood!!

2. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Oh, you can bet there are people here monitoring. As long as you dont say OR DO anything illegal you shouldnt have anything to worry about. I still wouldnt post anything personal like serial numbers or whatever or addresses or whatever, the normal stuff should be fine.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ever heard of a web crawler?

4. opaww

opaww New Member

There is about a 95% chance that this site and others like it are looked at from time to time by government agencies or other non-government agencies that want to watch the progun people that does not mean they watch every minute of everyday. More then likely they will drop in once in a while. What they look for is anyone’s guess but it would be in your best interests to not say anything that can be held against you.

As far as you owning guns they figure that sense you are on a gun board.

There are a lot of gun boards out there in cyber space and to monater all of them all the time would take 100,000 people or more.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

edumacate us kind sir

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Of course we are being watched. ATF, FBI, NSA down to locals. I'm sure a variety of anti-gun groups reularly monitor this and ALL other gun related forums.

This is why we have moderators. We try to weed out the loons, trolls and other miscreants who would give us a bad name. They are not welcome to such a legal and civilized conversation.

Just imagine a dip stick, Brady Bunch type signing on here and starting a thread about doing harm to "jack booted thugs". They might stir up the conversation just to get the attention of the Feds. Those involved in the conversation likely would not be "regular members", but rather other like minded loony toons just rying to make us look like we were all loons. We try to break out the ban hammer when those peope are spotted.

It is vitally important we keep the conversations above boards. Remember, even "private" messages and e-mails can be monitored by sophisticated, multi million dollar, Federally operated web crawlers. Just as they monitor phone conversations, both land line and cellular, looking for key words that might indicate terrorist activity.

7. opaww

opaww New Member

And don't fotget that according to the SPLC gun owners, ex-military and right wing republicans are terror-ists

8. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, I second that...Bless the Mods, you are waaaay underpaid!!!

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) is an organizaion that did some good work. They continue to do a very good job of tracking hate groups, especially neo-NAZI type oprganizations. Their overstretching the scope of their mission by labeling 2nd Amendment based lawful organizations as terrorist groups is undefendable, IMHO.

I have attended training put on by the SPLC on hate groups and they did not discuss anything but hardcore hate groups like the KKK.

10. Jay

Jay New Member

To be concerned about posting serial numbers, or not wanting to leave a paper trail, isn't realistic. If you have EVER bought a firearm at/through a dealer, your name and address are out there. IF big brother ever comes for your guns, do you think they're only gonna take the ones that have a paper trail?... or only the ones that they know about?... Nope... they'll take ALL of 'em, paper trail or not.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's 100%, and you are paying for it.

And it doesn't take 100,000 people, just Obama's Black Widow Cray computer at NSA, Langley.

Attached Files:

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When you post on an open forum, you have carved words into the granite face of the internet. It is somewhat akin to Herpes- it lasts a real long time. As far as owning guns, or what I own- that is nothing new. Fer chrisakes, I have a collector's FFL. It is a pretty safe bet that the ATF knows I use that to buy guns ( DUH!)

However, folks that ask for instructions in breaking the law, or brag about breaking the law- are another matter entirely. Either they are a troll, or are guilty of SIP (Stupid in Public). Generally, I will tell them one time if there is an action I know to be illegal. If they cannot take the hint, I will refer them to our own authorities here (SIC EM !!! TROLL TROLL TROLL ! Get him boy, get him!):rolleyes:

13. vincent

vincent New Member

SIP!!! Classic!!

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Are We Being Watched?

All this ^^^^^ and.....

[​IMG]

;) :cool:

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Google's back end is a web crawler. It searches the internet for everything and categorizes, tags, etc. So when you search for "Firearms message board" or "I have a question about a Howa" google has looked and knows that there are pages on firearmstalk.com that discuss those topics.

Google does it for everything, but NSA or other gov agencies likely use web crawlers to build a big file on specific terms or ideas that they have customized their web crawler to look for. So when the terms overthrow and US government are found it probably raises a red flag. Now one instance on a web site is likely to never be seen but when 5% of the pages on that site have key terms they are looking for in them. Then it gets the attention of an analyst and the process goes on from there.

I have no knowledge of gov agencies doing this but I'm sure it's done. And don't think that a members only site is stopping them from seeing what is said.

16. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

This is all I have to say about this matter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OK1HRqP-fg]‪Alice in Chains - Check My Brain‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Ok.....What the hell does that mean? G-E-E-E-Z-Z ya could have posted this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgPv3bcnDis]‪Rockwell Rock Remix - Somebody's Watching Me‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And I would have understood that much better if.....Just what the hell was that?? :eek:

[​IMG]

18. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

Here, maybe this is more to your liking sir...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJ6FbcWYRU]‪The Kinks - Destroyer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

19. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Who's watching whom.......

Big brother is watching us and the Chinese and the rest of the World is watching Big Brother. If you want paranoid just look at what our Gov. is doing to bring this Great Nation to its Knees, I'll give you my guns, but first let me unload them for you.....