are there any real militias still left?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jon1992d, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Ive been trying to find a real militia in Pa since i turned 18 (1.5 yrs). The only things i have found are forgotten websites with no more than 5 forum fighters that only wanna fight the government and start a revolution by talking about good war movies.. I know of some really good serious militias out west but I dont plan on moving anywere. I figued someone on here might know something about a legit militia in Pa preferably near pittsburghs half. Any info would be great!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Unfortunately, so many "militias" are exactly what the media makes them out to be, right wing extremist nut jobs.

I've checked into some in my area, and one I've found seems pretty straight, and a bit reclusive for security reasons.

Good luck finding the right bunch.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

For the most part, they are a little crazy. :D There were a few in Southern Texas that went a little overboard and kidnapped some people. The Texas Rangers saw an end to that. :D

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just be very careful about who you join up with.

If you can even find anyone.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Some states have a State Guard (NOT the National Guard) but PA does not. Just a suggestion- a number of the PA Sheriffs have a "Sheriff's Posse". Not sworn LEO, but aid the dept in emergencies- searches, weather, etc.

6. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I'm afraid we'll learn just who the militia is if Obummer gets re-elected and continues his anti-gun, anti America ways!!!

7. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

I never knew that! Thanks for the info. Im going to look into the sheriff posse. Hopefully I can find one in my area and since they are organized by thr sheriff im gonna asume they arent extremests that just wanna go out and shoot stuff up.

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The only thing I've heard about is a group I think was on the AZ border that worked in conjunction with the local authorities to report drug trafficking and border action. It was more like an armed neighborhood watch.

Or move to Maricopa County and join up with Sheriff Joe.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Why limit yourself to a bunch of rag-tags?

Get you A$$ in the military and learn the real stuff.

10. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Like Danffl said.

Instead of pretending to be in the military go and join the real military!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  11. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I have to report you to the FBI due to this post.

Try volunteering with local PD, SD...

If the SHTF, law enforcement will not be militarized. They will be viewed as civilians by the military.

12. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

With all do respect to dan and ssg. You are insulting something that without our country would still be run by the british and you would be royal marines. I am joining the military i have been working with the army for about 4 years now. I plan on being a part of a militia and the military serving my country and my state in the oldest tradition this country has. And in no way am i trying to insult you or be rude. Thank you for your service btw.

13. fmj

fmj New Member

The militias were driven underground shortly following OKC bombing and have been kept there with this Govt and its loose definitions of "Terrorism".

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Remind me; what legislation, or executive actions, has the president proposed or enacted, in the last three years, that restricts your gun ownership rights?

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I, for one, am proud that I have served in the Armed Forces.
    I am retired from active duty, but I am still Air Force.
    I still respect the oath I've taken 5 times.
    I still respect the Constitution and UCMJ.
    I have obeyed lawful orders and will continue to do so.

The militia, in its time, was needed under the circumstances at the time, but most (not all) of today's militia groups have their own agenda that does not meet my needs or wants.

16. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

Jon, most militias are viewed as terrorist organizations. They have been driven underground out of both privacy and self presevation. If you find any vocal 'militia' groups they are probably being closely watched. Best bet is to join a local gun club.

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Move to Michigan. They have a good one up there.

18. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I think indiana has one too

19. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

i live in Michigan. The Michigan Militia is probably the biggest and most powerful of any stateside militia. It stays strong because it doesn't advertise its strength but it is real and it is a ghost.

20. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

SHHHH as he told Sarah Brady, he has to keep it under wraps, can't be open about it or it may not succeed. If you can't see the writing on the wall with his dishonesty, you are truly asleep. Look at his record when he was Senator. Do you think he has changed at all? He's just smart enough to know being openly anti-gun would sink any chance at re-election. Just ask Clinton about what helped greatly in Gore not being elected. Gun owners are a powerful voting block and he well knows it.