Are surplus Yugos etc being held up in US ports?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Laufer, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Is it only a persistent rumour?

The media do not seem to have made 'good copy' out of it, if any.

If it is true, then could it easily be a political agenda, using Homeland, Customs or ATF etc as a front?

2. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

First I've heard of this.. Where are you getting your info from? I am curious.

3. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Excuse me, but what in daylights are you talking about? Could you be a little more vague? :confused:

4. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

*scratching head....

5. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

Probably held up by immigration,but at least they're not slipping over the border illegally.

Sorry,I couldn't help it!:D

6. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Some people made this claim on other websites.
    Can't remember whether it was at SKSboards, THR, Thefiringline etc.

This is why I wanted to check for the views of others who might be informed about this subject.

We can easily discount similar comments made by gun show sellers, but I've read claims made by at least two people on other websites, although they did not quote any source(s).
    One of the comments made a few months ago alleged that it was the policy of one of our government agencies, in order to make it more difficult for citizens here to buy guns.

My apology for repeating what is probably just a rumour taken from naive visitors to gun shows.
    Being a very late-bloomer with guns, it is hard to know when it is proper to ask these questions, based on hearsay.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010