Are other country's stopping the import of mags to U.S.?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by chevyforlife1972nova, Sep 2, 2011.

1. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

I have been looking into getting a Ak74 but have found that there are not alot of websites selling mags anymore? I was told that the Ukraine is no longer importing mags and that it is starting to hit us? I would like to know so I can make a gun show trip soon some websites are charging over 30 dollars for circle 10 and circle 21 mags. don't even look at Bakelite mags almost 1000 dollars

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
  2. coba29

coba29 New Member

Where are you looking I was on the e-nets last night and I saw some reg ak mags for ten bucks as well as tapcos.

3. chevyforlife1972nova

there will

always me regular AK mags im talking circle 10 circle 21 and Bakelite mags

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

74 mags fluctuate a great deal in price. When I bought my rifle some years ago, they were $6.00 each, a year later, $36.00+. There were a bunch that came in about 2 years ago, $9.00 each. Now they are 14..16.00 each.
    I started w/ 6- 30 round, bought another 15. I also was looking for a 5 round mag for hunting Woodchucks, coyotes, etc. I found that the 5 round .223 mag had the same follower as the 30round. They only hold 4 rounds instead of 5, but they function 100%. Surplus are getting thin, but Tapco and others make mags.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  5. chevyforlife1972nova

I don't trust tapco mags run it over with a truck see it explode lol plus the lips are all plastic

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

If it is not a steel mag, it is synthetic with an aluminum or other alloy underneath for the lips and lug. That includes surplus.

7. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

I've got 10 mags for my '74. 9 are milsurp. Damages? $9 bucks per. load like butter, not one failure, ever. I'm looking at getting another dozen or so. I'd hate to have to reload if and when "They, who or whatever 'they' may be" are coming over the wire.

I have one ProMag aftermarket mag. It cost twice as much works exactly the same as the milsurp, so why bother paying more. The ProMag is slightly less plain. Every website I've researched has the milsurp for less $20.

Even cheaper for the 7.62x39

8. chevyforlife1972nova

I'm just saying I don't like tapco and like the circle mags. I have broke a tapco doing drills in a field it hit a rock when i dropped it and.. a huge crack went down the side

9. chevyforlife1972nova

the funny thing is

all the "made in bulargia" mags are really russian plum mags and others that have the prof. marks scratched off and repainted black
    example Surplus 30rd AK74 5.45x39 Magazines
    I was freaking out because I don't have the ability of buying off line :(
    so gun show prices have been crazy for them

10. orangello

orangello New Member

My bad, i meant to type "$25 ouch".

11. chevyforlife1972nova

anyone find a better price and that is online just imagine what the gun show price will be

12. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

13. chevyforlife1972nova

Pro mags are huge pieces of crap they are not even close 2 mil spec and I have bought 2 in the paste both are part of a land fill. both had the front tang break off and then they didn't fit right

14. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

I've got one

and I've not had a single problem with it.

I did have a pro-mag drum for my 10-22 that never worked, but this one is tight. must have been the pick of the litter.

15. chevyforlife1972nova

drop the mag somewhere i bet it breaks
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ByKwU1NAw]ARSENAL'S MIL. SPEC. MAGAZINE DROP TEST, WHAT OTHER COMPANIES DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW! - YouTube[/ame]

16. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

Just for the heck of it

I dropped it, fully loaded, from shoulder height on hardwood flooring. No apparent damage or change in function. Fits just as tight as it ever did.

So, there's that.

17. chevyforlife1972nova

we all have are opinions I fould some Bakelite's for a good price even a 45 rd