Are Citadels good hand guns

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Ultimate_sig, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I have a 1911 sig and love it but treat it like glass cause it was so damn expensive. Im looking for a cheap 1911 that I can deck out and drop and not care. Im going to throw wilson parts and a compinsator on it...would this be a good gun for that

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

don't baby the sig. it is to be used and used well.

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Lol yea your right, I love that gun

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The Citadel I had was a loser. I agree, shoot the Sig and enjoy. There's nothing you can do to the gun that can't be fixed or replaced.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

does the Sig 1911 fit your hand good? can you shoot it accurately? do you enjoy shooting it? if you answered these questions with yes, then by gosh go out and enjoy that pistol! Sig makes quality pistols, that are very reliable. my philosophy on firearms and vehicles and tools, i don't abuse them, but i don't baby them either. i use them for their intended purpose.

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Yea your right im going to the range 2moro

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the only time i would say to baby one or leave it in the safe and shoot it occasionally would be if it were a family heirloom from your grandfather, great-grandfather or some type of very rare and historical pistol. but as Olympus said, there's nothing you can do to it that can't be fixed. any parts that might fail can be replaced, they can be refinished if need be. i just spent over $1300 for a SA Micro Compact 45, which is the most i have ever spent on a pistol, and she ain't staying in the gun safe! she will be shot and carried, a lot!