Are bad things coming in bunches?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by hiwall, Jun 29, 2012.

1. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem things are going downhill faster? First it was the deal with the Fed suing half the states for this or that. Then Obama giving amnesty to over a million illegals. Then the high court grants some of Arizona's illegal alien law to stand but Obama the same day cuts Arizona off from illegal alien documentation checks(the only state cut-off). Now the high court allows Obamacare to stand. Plus Europe is ready to collapse at any time and war in the Middle East could erupt any day. Half of the western states seems to be on fire. Congress thinks their job is to do nothing except spend money that we don't have. The US attorney general is in contempt of Congress. We have had no federal budget for three years (which is not legal). The media tells us daily that the economy is getting better when it is not. The media lies about other stuff and no one seems to care or try to correct them. The school system sucks and most agree but nothing is done about it. The list is endless. And still people think preppers are crazy.:confused:

2. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Im getting out of the marine corps soon and cant wait to start prepping

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Everyone I know who knows what you and I know are preppers.

But I know a few people who don't have a clue what's going on in Europe, never heard of Fast & Furious, haven't paid attention to the health care law in any way and don't understand the issues, and generally remain clueless with regard to current political events and THEY are the ones who think preppers are alarmist nutcakes.

That's fine with me.

4. cj84

cj84 New Member

Happy fourth of July hahaha

5. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Dnt forget 4 million Americans without power last night / today

6. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

So this is what the proverbial creek looks like!:)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone feel that there is an actual representative of the people in political office on either side?

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I think DeMint. Darryl Issa. Michele Bachmann (who apparently needs some help to get reelected given what the badguys are throwing at her). Paul Ryan. Marco Rubio. Maybe Rand Paul (but unlikely given his father is an insane conman -- sorry, the tree doen't fall far from the nut).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  8. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

We are crazy hiwall......crazy like a fox :D

9. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Politics, I know better than to go there.

Right now Americans are more divided than at any other time since the Civil War, or at least that's what I keep hearing. Assuming that is true, does anyone think we are far from another civil war?

At the moment I can't see a Civil War happening? Economic collapse maybe?

10. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

Obama has one goal...to collapse the United States of America so that the way can be paved for a one world government.

How he gets there is of little consequence.

When you see it from that angle, everything begins to make sense.

11. bkt

bkt New Member

While it may not be likely, the possibility is far from zero that we could have a severe economic collapse - very much worse than what we experienced in 2008 and since. If necessities become too expensive or unavailable, you can expect pretty widespread civil unrest. That's bad news.

But the civil war, if it occurs at all, won't occur until after we try to put things back together. There will be those who want to restore the country to its original foundations: rugged individualism and a government that exists only to protect the rights and freedom of individuals versus collectivists who want to turn everything over to the government - wealth, property, our very lives.

12. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

No matter what happens, it is going to be ugly. The USA (and the rest of the world) is traveling down a rough road with very steep ditches. Just like the old curse- we are going to live in interesting times.

13. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6l15RIhsus&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame] I figured this fits pretty well. sorry for the live video I coulfnt find a better one on my phone.

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

HotGuns;
    I am not sure that's the goal but I tend to agree that nothing that the administration "says" or does makes sense unless one shifts the paradigm as you suggest... Then it all, only, makes perfect sense.

15. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Scarey times gents, scarey times...

(DeMent endorsed Dr. Paul fyi...)

16. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

No-one's perfect.

17. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Very bad things are coming..........:(:(:(

18. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

My dad said he read a study where a few experts said the unemployment rate will hit 50% by 2013... I dont agree with that one bit, although anythings possible. Id say if it hot 20% holy sh*t that would be bad. Imagine 50%? lol now that is scary.

19. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

As long as people only see the two parties as viable alternatives then we will have a problem. 3rd parties can get elected at the state or local level but you hardly ever hear about it on a federal level. Most take the lesser of two evils rout and this is what we get for it. The water is hotter than ever and the frog is still sitting and watching America's Got Talent or other informative shows :rolleyes:

It's going to happen again this year but the two we have running this time are so close it's hard to tel one sock puppet from the other. I can care les about Romneycare. That was at a state level and really has no place being talked about in a federal election. He has said he does not like it at the federal level. It's about the only thing I have liked that he's said. NDAA and the Pat Act are fine with both of them so both are dangerous men. But if God come down and run as an independent there would be no chance for a win to get in the big chair.

So what's the best thing to do? Fire Congress and hire in the people that will get it done right as you see it. The POTUS is hamstrung if they don't have Congress. If you're conservative then vote for a conservative that reflects your views, not just the flavor of the month GOP sock puppet. Truth is the GOP left conservatives in the dust years ago. The parties don't matter anymore. It's the people that do. So I hope everyone votes their conscience and not just for a party. It really is the worst thing we can do if we hope to get this country back on track.

Sorry to pick out your post TLuker, It just got me to thinking and it was not an attack on you or your post. :) You are right, we don't have people in office that represent the people. And as lopng as we stick with the two party system we wont.