Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you kno about the delton AR15 sport ? I'm looking into getting one of these in 16" barrel carbine and 1:9 twist .. Any words of wisdom about tho firearm

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The Sport is an entry level gun.
I have owned Deltin and think they are a good value.

But it all depends on the price.
The Sport is their entry level comparable to the S&W 15 Sport.

I think its perfectly suitable to plinking and self defense.

I would only advise against it if you are a security contractor going to the middle east need it as a professional tool.

Basically in todays market you buy the AR thats a) available and b) affordable

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
What do you want to use it for?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I built 4 AR's using del-ton rifle kits. (anvil arms lowers) All have performed flawlessly in the years they have been running. One has more than 12,000 rounds through it. No significant issues.
Can't speak to the built out "sport model" but the firegroups, barrels and bolts all work fine as any.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Also is the sport a carbine ?
If it has a 16" barrel it is a carbine. Though you can get carbines with carbine length or mid length gas systems.

If you are looking at a distance platform then you may want a longer barrel for added velocity.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Also is the sport a carbine ?
yes the Sport has the Carbine gas system and the 16 inch barrell.

I am shopping more ofr high end guns now. the reason is that the entry level guns may be 80% more than beofre the crises but the high end guns may be only 20% more.

For example I am buying a NIB Ruger 556 piston gun w/ CHF barrell for 1800 that beofre the bubble might have been 1400-1600.

A Delton Sierra Magpul MOE with the 4150 CL barrel and the MPI/HPT bolt was a fantastic value at $800 in November but now will cost $1600 on gun broker.

So the entry level guns have seen the biggest price raises.
For this reason when I look at guns during this price bubble I only look at those AR's I would not have considered before due to price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see ..I have deff put my choices to the S&W and the sport ..I'll be making some calls tomorrow to my local gun shop cuz he makes AR's so if I can get a decent price from him I may go that route ..thanks for the help fellas
-Zack

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
I see ..I have deff put my choices to the S&W and the sport ..I'll be making some calls tomorrow to my local gun shop cuz he makes AR's so if I can get a decent price from him I may go that route ..thanks for the help fellas
-Zack
Find out what parts he uses. Don't accept low quality. There are very few people I'd trust to build me a good AR and many of them are right here at FTF.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Look up. Top of the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts