Ar15 pistol

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jcooley6960, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jcooley6960

jcooley6960 New Member

Can anyone please explain the point of an ar pistol. There's no way to take the buffer tube off and it still work so why would you take the buttstock off... Pointless I understand that if it's a pistol lower you can put any size barrel you want if there is no butt stock. But it all just seem pointless anyone else thing so ?

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Some people are not willing to go through the paperworks and fuzz. And yet we have to spend another $200 for the tax stamp. And the worst part, have to wait at least 6 months for it. So they compromised for not having the stock on it.
    Regardless using the pistol tube or rifle buffer tube without the stock, it will still works.

3. jcooley6960

jcooley6960 New Member

Yea I understand that but a barrel that's a few inches shorter doesn't seem like a good trade for no butt stock

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

They are lighter and good for maneuvers though. Don't u notice SWATs or cops use them when clearing rooms for hostiles?

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Lightweight, easily maneuverable in tight quarters, accurate out to 100+ yards , you can still use the buffer tube to cheek weld with if needed , its not great but it works . The fire and percussion that comes out of the end of the barrel is FN awesome :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Some of us cannot legally have an SBR.

Some of us want a short barreled weapon for home defense.

Some of us think they look cool as hell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ballistically, m193 and m855 isn't the best ammo to go with, but a mag full of Hornady Tap Low Flash 75gr sure works wonders for those close encounters.

I will eventually convert it to 300 blackout, once i can even find a 8 or 9" barrel.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

AND its fun too shoot the regular mil spec stuff too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to each his own.

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I beg to differ...........

Attached Files:

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Love the pics. Now those pics reminded my form1 application.. my tax stamp will come back within next month. Excited! :).

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

NIIIIICE....lucky $%@$%@56%^@% bastich :p

don't forget to share the pron!!!!

11. allegreenlee

allegreenlee New Member

I dont get it they just look awkward and unfinished. A pistol is a pistol and a rifle is a rifle. Just my opinion.

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Thats how it is my friend. At least we all have the choices for having them with or without the paperworks, means with or without the stocks.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Daang sure i will!. I will share with the other SBR upper on it too. :)

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

make one like this!

Attached Files:

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I'd agree, most look unfinished. Mine looks just right, and I can shoot it alot better than my pistols from 15 yards all the way to 100 yards. Hell I've shot steel with it at 200 and 300 yards even! Tried 400 but my eyes aren't the greatest!

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

What upper and stock is that? I seen similiar like that on my LGS the other day. Just didnt have the time to ask more info.

17. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

That's the Honey Badger, by AAC. Don't think is for sale to the public, but it sure does look crazy nice.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

It is. Very very nice. I'd love to have the stock.

19. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

there another company, the name escapes me. MJkeat and I were talking about it a while ago, about a bufferless AR system with a side folding stock. Lemme see if I can dig up the info...