AR15 newb question about mags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by PeterSteele, Dec 28, 2012.

1. PeterSteele

PeterSteele New Member

just picked up my very first AR15 , a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman model for $950. My only gun experience until now has been with various semi-auto pistols. So, my question about the AR is , if i want to pick up an extra 30-rd mag , can i safely and reliably use a polymer Magpul Pmag in my Bushy ? Or should i try to find another Bush mag instead... thanx in advance for any advice !

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Authentic Magpul P-Mags are fine...they should run without problems. Given the price and demand at this point just beware of counterfeit mags being sold on E-bay. Polymer products, especially Magpul seem to be especially susceptible to Chinese knock-offs.

3. birddog114

birddog114 New Member

Troy Battlemags will work great also.

4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

The two mentioned above are good choices. Another great choice are the steel Cammenga mags.

5. PeterSteele

PeterSteele New Member

thanx guys. i backordered a 10-pk of magpul pmag's via Brownells.com about a week ago , $125. so i'm not worried about them being counterfeit. but i AM worried that my order won't get filled !

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The PMags will be fine.

Plain old USGI mags work, too. They're much like your BM mag unless BM has changed what they supply with the rifle.

7. climate17

climate17 New Member

Pmag= best cheapest, most reliable mag on the planet but don't take my word for just ask SOCOM.

8. russ

russ New Member

Magpul Pmags, Troy Battlemags, and I also like the Lancer L5 mags. Avoid any other poly mags for the AR.