Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my very first AR15 , a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman model for $950. My only gun experience until now has been with various semi-auto pistols. So, my question about the AR is , if i want to pick up an extra 30-rd mag , can i safely and reliably use a polymer Magpul Pmag in my Bushy ? Or should i try to find another Bush mag instead... thanx in advance for any advice !

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
just picked up my very first AR15 , a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman model for $950. My only gun experience until now has been with various semi-auto pistols. So, my question about the AR is , if i want to pick up an extra 30-rd mag , can i safely and reliably use a polymer Magpul Pmag in my Bushy ? Or should i try to find another Bush mag instead... thanx in advance for any advice !
Authentic Magpul P-Mags are fine...they should run without problems. Given the price and demand at this point just beware of counterfeit mags being sold on E-bay. Polymer products, especially Magpul seem to be especially susceptible to Chinese knock-offs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx guys. i backordered a 10-pk of magpul pmag's via Brownells.com about a week ago , $125. so i'm not worried about them being counterfeit. but i AM worried that my order won't get filled !

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
The PMags will be fine.

Plain old USGI mags work, too. They're much like your BM mag unless BM has changed what they supply with the rifle.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Magpul Pmags, Troy Battlemags, and I also like the Lancer L5 mags. Avoid any other poly mags for the AR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts