AR15 muzzle device option question???

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by DropZone889, May 27, 2013.

1. DropZone889

DropZone889 New Member

I'm just finishing up my Adams Arms position build and I got one finial part to get which is what to thread on to the end of the barrel???
    So what way do I go? Flash suppressor or muzzle brake? Or ??? I'm using my rifle for home/business protection and range....Any suggestions and what brands/models that won't break my bank? Want to stay under $100 but more near the $50 if I can get something that will be most useful.

PS: wont be using my AR with night vision at this time :)

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have bought many different muzzle brakes and I always go back to the standard A2 except on my 7.5" sbr I had to have some more forward because of the blast precussion

3. watchjonbeep

watchjonbeep New Member

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Easy -- a Micor Flash Arrestor. They are the best thing I have seen primarily for accuracy. The slots are matched to the twist of the rifleing matching exhaust gases as they exit the barrel. Guns WITHOUT muzzle devices are always a little more accurate than with one. But not in the case of the Micors -- it is like they are not there yet they provide more flash suppression and the same braking as the GI ones. Even the titanium ones (yes, titanium!) are less than $100.

I first saw them in a Jeff-whatever-the-guys-name-is-with-the-screwy-beard review. Now I use them exclusively. Even pulled a YHM Phantom off of one to do it -- big improvement.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  5. CGS

CGS New Member

I have a battle comp 2.0 and it gets the job done. Noticeable improvement in muzzle rise for follow up shots over the previous A2.

When talking about "loss of accuracy" we are often splitting hairs. One must decide if they want to put two shots in the same hole or if having 2" groups is good enough. For me I'm happy with 3" groups at 100 yards. All my guns shoot better than I do.

6. watchjonbeep

watchjonbeep New Member

Here you go. Rainier arms muzzle break/ flash hider. Works awesome!!!!

Attached Files:

7. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter